part 1: the introduction

Viviana's POV

I woke up this morning thinking it would be a normal day like any other. Little did I know my life would change. If it was for better or worse was something we have to see.

I got out of bed and changed in to this

After I was done changing and did my makeup I went downstairs to eat breakfast with my family

-
At breakfast

"Hola mami" I greeted my mother first "Hi mija"
I went around to table to say good morning to my dad next then my younger sister she 15 "Hey where is Tony and Hugo? " Tony and Hugo are my older twin brothers "they went on a run this morning "
They're older by five years. "Viví necesito hablar contigo en mi oficina después del almuerzo" "está bien papá"

Just then Tony and Hugo came in all sweaty and musty "Hey sis" Tony said trying to give me a hug "Ew get away from me you sweaty mess. You need a shower. " "Haha very funny" He said sarcastically.
--

I went back up stairs to my room to kill time before I had to meet my father in his office.
-

Tony came into my room and told me Sarah my nail tech person was here, so I went down stairs to go see her. "Hi Vivi, how are you, love" Sarah is from London, but I hired her to come work with me because she is fabulous "hi Sarah, I'm good, how are you" I smiled "I'm good. So what are we doing today?" She asked "just something matte and dark, I need it to match my next and last shoot" she nodded and got to work.

My nails turned out great and Sarah left to go pick up her daughter from daycare

Then I went to see my father in his office.

"what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked my father "Ah yes you may want to sit down for this one" He said in a way that kinda made me nervous.
"... Ok?" I didn't like this feeling.

"You see Vivi when I got the threat from the Greek I contacted some of our allies to see if any of them had any problems with them and well the Italian have some history with them and we agreed that for your protection, you would marry his son Giovanni for at least a year" he said with finality

"I'm sorry pa, I don't think I heard you right, could you repeat what you just said?!" His tone softened "Vivi Honey they promised to help us and protect you" he said with sadness

"Marriage is what you agreed to put me through?! To 'protect' me from some most likely empty threats!"
I am heated

"Honey we need to keep you safe and if this is the way to do then this is what will be done." He said with patience, he knows I'm going to need some time

"This is beyond fucked up"

My father planned an arranged marriage without my knowledge and I've never even met the allies from Italy. I've met the Brazilian but never the Italian. Alana from the Brazilian mafia is my best friend. She also has an older brother Mateo but we don't really talk much. Mateo is my brother's best friend.

What if he's some chubby alcoholic or a sexist asshole. My father interrupted my thoughts when.
"They will be coming today to meet you." He said,
I was so upset I just nodded.

--
Giovanni's POV

I woke up this morning like usual got dressed in to this

Went down stairs to my dining room to see my mom and dad eating

Went down stairs to my dining room to see my mom and dad eating. "Buon giorno mom, dad" "Good morning Vinnie" My mom said looking up from her book "Morning son. We are going to Spain today to meet your soon to be bride" I glared at him before my mother swatted me over the head with her hard cover book "whatever" I was still agitated from what my parents told me last week on my 25 birthday. I've never met the mafia daughter from Spain. I've met with Hugo and his second in command Tony but never their little sisters before.

--

I was going to go in what I was wearing but my dad said to change into something more professional.

When we got on the jet my dad explained everything to me on how Spain got a threat on their oldest daughter who is 19 from the Greek. We also have bad blood with the Greek trying to take my dad out and expand themselves to Italy. I was mad that I had to marry someone I didn't know but business is business, I just hope she isn't some spoiled brat who thinks I'm going to be at her beckons call.

The rest of the flight I was just on my phone trying to get the thought that I was marrying a stranger in a couple months

---

When we landed we headed to this mansion that looked to be the same size as ours. I went in upset about the fact that I didn't know the girl. The maid walked us to Mr. Fernández office. We walked in and this girl had just turned to leave as we were walking in and she bumped into my chest. She was a small but strong I could tell from the force that hit me when we bumped into each other.

She bumped into my chest hard and almost fell but caught her before she could hit the ground. She looked up at me with her angry brown eyes, she stepped back with her heels echoing in the office as she looked me up and down, like I was some sort of trophy, her eye finally went back to mine, and something flickered in her eyes before she spoke again.

"Hello, I'm Viviana Fernández, and you are??." She said putting her hand out to shake it. I shook her hand and introduced myself "I'm Giovanni Rosso"

She looked a little shocked and relieved when she heard my name but to be honest so was I to hear her name. She turned back to her father "at least you didn't pick a chubby alcoholic, for a husband, papa" I was shocked to hear the word come out of her mouth.

Her father laughed "I couldn't do that to you mija, you'd simply kill me and so would your mother" she smiled at him turned back around and introduced herself to my father

"Ciao Viviana, I'm Alec Rosso" he introduced himself. "Lovely to finally meet you, your brothers and father have said many good things" she turned to her father once again "papa, you lied to them?" Her father laughed "ayy Viviana always ruining the moment" he shook his head. She laughed and turned back "I'm joking, I'm lovely" she said with a award winning smile, my father smiled back "I'm sure you are"

With that Viviana excused herself and left.