Chapter 2 - Levi

I'm never helping them again. Levi swore to himself, finally leaving the cozy home behind him.

The next time Levi's Beta and his pregnant wife needed help moving furniture, they can hire someone else.

Levi listened to the crunch of the frozen snow under his heavy boots and continued down the path, not needing to open his eyes to know where home was.

He rolled his tense shoulders, remembering his Beta's commands. Every time they had placed down a piece of furniture, Ronan's wife would demand they move it to another corner of the house.

Levi had spend an unnecessary six hours there rearranging just three rooms in the house before she was finally satisfied with the arrangement.

Regardless of the complaining Levi put out tonight, he felt himself succumbing to the familiar ache of longing in his chest.

His Beta, Ronan, had found his mate six months ago and has been spending every waking hour when he's not with Levi curled around her.

Levi remembered the countless hopeful searches he carried out himself, unable to find his partner.

Levi had finally accepted that he just didn't have anyone out there for him.

The realization sat like lead in his stomach and made him feel worthless, but he had given up hope in searching.

Levi's phone sounded suddenly, cutting off his train of thought from the impossible couple behind him resting peacefully in their newly arranged home.

He checked the ID and frowned. 'What was Laurence doing calling me at eleven at night'?

He quickly answered and scowled at the commotion in the background. "Levi," Laurence's voice cut through the background noise.

"What is going on?" He asked, hearing the rev of his brother's engine in the background along with his frantic breathing.

"I'm heading your way. I'll explain when I get there, but I need a doctor."

"What did you do?" Levi growled. "If you bring trouble to me again, I will have your head."

"No, there's this girl—"

"Laurence, so help me I will skin you alive and plaster your head on a stick in my front yard if you bring another friggin panther into my territory to have your way with her," Levi all but growled into the phone.

Last time Laurence arrived unannounced on Levi's territory, he had a lover in tow and spent all night with her. The next morning, Levi had a parade of panthers slicing through his territory.

They didn't make it far and Levi had no problem teaching them a long thorough lesson about touching his property, but it didn't help his already savage reputation.

"Darnit, listen to me! There's this girl who was getting beat, so I grabbed her. Your pack land is closer than mine and she needs help pretty bad."

Levi clenched his jaw so hard he felt his teeth grind together. His wolf scoffed in his mind. Like I'm going to believe that story.

"Take her to your land. Once again, it's only an hour from here. I'm sure your toy could last that long."

Levi, Laurence, and Landon all owned the territory their father had left them. The brothers didn't want to hold dominion over one another, so instead they split the land once Landon turned twenty-seven. It was only two years ago and they were all doing well, but with Laurence being the youngest at nineteen, he often found himself in trouble none of them wanted to deal with.