Chapter 2: Meeting KISS

Ember's POV:
The man from before, I think his name was Chip, starts sweeping up the confetti.

"These special effects ain't cheap guys. You can't use them everytime you make an entrance." He grumbles.

Demon just sticks his long tongue out at him and makes a weird noise.

I just snicker at the childish response he gave toward him.

I'm guessing he noticed, cause Demon looks directly at me.

We make eye contact and his eyes seem to widen slightly. I look away from him and focus on the gang.

I watch as Daphne clings onto Starchild, giggling like crazy.

"Like wow! It's KISS!" Shaggy says with a laugh. "In person!" Scooby says.

"And in the flesh." Daphne says in a daze.

" 'In the flesh' is the same as 'in person.' Basically, you have just said the same thing twice." Fred says to Daphne.

"Jealous much?" I say as Fred glares at me. I just smile and shrug.

"How can we help, little lady?" Starchild asks Daphne.

"Actually, we're here to help you. We're mystery solvers." Velma says as she steps forward.

I just stand in the back and shake my head at the gang with my arms crossed.

"That's funny, so are we." Spaceman says.

"You guys are the ones they called for help?" I ask.

"Yeah, they wanted the best, they got the best." Demon says with a cocky smile.

"But, like, you're a rock band." Shaggy says.

"Every band needs a hobby." Catman says.

"The Ascot Five would welcome our help." Fred says and I groan.

"Fred.... They aren't the Ascot Five. They are KISS. Hottest rock band in the world. No one wants to hear about the Ascot Five anymore." I say, glaring at him.

He gulps a bit and Demon steps forward.

"The girl is right. We're no Ascot Five. So scram!" Demon says and starts laughing as well as Catman and Spaceman.

Fred starts ranting about how amusement parks are our specialty and starts explaining each amusement park mystery we solved.

"That's cute, but we solve mysteries on a cosmic level." Spaceman says.

I notice Starchild starts circling us. I pretend I'm not paying attention to him even though I'm watching his every movement.

"What does that mean?" Velma asks.

"It means we don't need your help!" Demon says, expanding his arms.

"Now hold on, guys! Let's not be hasty." Starchild says as he pulls the other 3 band members into a huddle.

The gang goes back to doing their own thing. I listen carefully to the band conversation without making it seem like I am.

"What?" Catman asks.

"Really?" Spaceman asks, also confused.

"Not again..." Demon groans.

"You know how the eye sees everything. Well, I just caught a glimpse of the future." Starchild says.

"Yeah, and I bet that future is a redhead." Demon says, annoyed. Starchild chuckles.

"You bet... I mean, in a way! Don't ask me how or why, but I think we're going to need these kids to catch that witch." He says.

"You're kidding? They're just humans." Spaceman says.

"Not even all of them," Catman says as they glance at Scooby.

"I know, but the eye never lies." Starchild says, pointing to his eye.

"I guess they're okay." Spaceman says.

"If you say so, Starchild." Catman says.

"I do not like this." Demon says, annoyed.

"On second thought, we've decided you can help." Starchild says.

"That's great! I guess the first question is, who is this witch everyone's talking about?" Daphne asks.

We all start heading to the security room when I feel someone grab my arm.

I look up and see Demon holding my upper arm.

"You heard, didn't you?" He asks.

I play innocent and remove his hand with a smile.

"Heard what?" I ask.

"You know what I'm talking about." He says.

"I really don't. But I guess that's what to be expected, right? After all...." I say as I start to walk away then look back at him.

"I'm only human," I say with a wink and a wave, following the others.

Demon POV:
The black and red haired girl looks back at me.

"I'm only human," she says with a wink and a wave then goes back to following the others.

I stand there.

Shocked. 

No one's ever had the confidence to talk to me like that...' I stare at her as she walks away.

'This girl....' I think to myself then smirk. 'Is really something else!' I quickly walk after her. 

'Maybe this mystery won't be so bad...' I glance at her and smile slightly.

A/N-(Hope you enjoyed Chapter 2! I'm actually in love with this story and keep getting great ideas for it! See Ya Next Time!)