thirteen | good gone bad

Jisoo's POV

Weeks flew by and the results for the midterm examination were going to be posted during the break today.

I've never been this nervous about exam results before. What if I just made his rank drop or if he doesn't reach the rank that he wanted because I wasn't a good enough tutor for him.

"Guys the results are out!" Someone screamed from the door.

Many students ran towards the hall where the results were posted. I was one of them. It was crowded so it was hard to see, plus my medium size body didn't help either. I forcibly squeeze my way through and took a deep breath.

I searched for V's name rank by rank and I was getting really nervous when I couldn't find his name.

THERE HE WAS! From rank 100/127, to rank 31. I jump in excitement causing people to stare at me weirdly.

I saw V from the other end, I ran towards him excitedly.

"OMG YOU DID IT!!! YOU RANKED 31ST!! You worked so well, I'm so proud of you!!" I say excitingly unconsciously hugging him.

V didn't know how to respond and stood like a statue.

I noticed what I was doing and quickly let go, "oh uhm sorry I just got too excited."

He pats the top of my hair, "Congrats you're our top 1 student again Ms. Kwon Jisoo".

I look at him surprised. Crap, I was too focused on looking for his name that I completely forgot to check mine.

"Let's celebrate after school, my treat" V says.

"You already paid last time! It's okay I'll pay for us this time" I reply back.

"Yah! You did so much for me already, stop whining and just listen to me" V spat back before he put his hands in his pocket and walked away.

-----

I completely forgot I had photography club today so our celebration 'date'. NOT DATE, I mean celebration hangout had to be postponed after my club.

"YAH!! Soo! You seem distracted, are you okay?" Jungkook asks beside me. We were both editing the shots we took from last week's meeting.

"Sorry I was just thinking about something" I smile back.

I look back at my phone checking if V has responded to my text. Sadly, he just read it. I sighed upon seeing my phone. I guess he won't be waiting for me.

Photography club had ended, Jungkook and I were walking side by side through the halls, I began staring down at the floor as I walked.

The floor seemed much more interesting than whatever Jungkook was telling me right now. I'm just too disappointed in myself for hoping that V would go out of his way for me.

"TAEHYUNG-AH, HEY! What are you doing here after school?" Jungkook yells as he runs towards his best friend. I immediately bolted my head back up seeing if it was really him.

I was beyond surprised. He actually waited for me. Causing a small smile to appear on my face.

V looks at me blankly and walked towards the exit doors.

Bewildered at his action, I stood still for a while before realizing he probably wanted me to follow him. I quickly said farewell to Jungkook and ran after V.

"I didn't think you'd wait for me, mian (sorry)" I say literally out of breath.

"Come I wanna show you something" V says while waving his hand.