twenty-seven | public confession

Third Person POV

Three Years Later

"Aish Yongi can't you hold the poster higher! What if they don't see us." Jennie scolds.

"Babe I look dumb carrying this." Yongi nags at his girlfriend as he held up a poster stating "Welcome back bestie!"

"Stop complaining and hold it higher!" Jennie spats back hitting Yongi's arm.

Shortly after, Jennie sprinted leaving her boyfriend behind.

"AHHHHH BESTIEEEEE!!" Jennie excitedly yells while running towards her best friend.

The two hugged each other and jumped in a continuous circle from too much excitement. Leaving the two male figures behind them just awkwardly standing by themselves.

"Omo sorry, Jennie this is my boyfriend Nam Joo Hyuk and oppa this is my bestest friend Jennie" Jisoo introduces. Jennie couldn't help but feel a little excited finally meeting Jisoo's boyfriend.

Unfortunately due to Jennie's school work in fashion designing, she had spent her summer and semester breaks working at a high fashion company as an intern. Her promise to visit Jisoo never came true, but thanks to technology the two best friends never failed to video call one another every day.

Joo Hyuk took initiative and grab Jennie's hand first, "No need for formalities so just call me Joo Hyuk" smiling at Jennie.

The interaction was interrupted by Yongi's forceful coughing. Joo Hyuk's hand was quickly snatched from Jennie and grabbed by the man beside her.

Joo Hyuk diverts his gaze from Jennie, "Hey man nice to meet you" Joo Hyuk cooly says to Yongi.

"Aish you're so embarrassing!" Jennie hits Yongi for the second time.

"I'm Yongi, Jennie's boyfriend and Jisoo's former photography co-member" Yongi tightened his grip upon mentioning Jennie's name, causing Joo Hyuk to chuckle.

Jisoo nudged her best friend, "You totally owe me a drink" and looked at Yongi, causing Jennie to blush.

"Okay enough greetings, I bet you guys are hungry! Come on we'll help you guys carry your stuff in our car then we'll go eat!" Jennie states.

Jennie had taken care of everything, from restaurant reservation, food order, and private room. She was just way too pumped to have her best friend back that her arrival just had to be perfect.

After arriving at the restaurant and being led to a private room, Jisoo was quick to start the conversation."Okay sooo I've been dying to know how you guys came to be, spill!!" Jisoo curiously asks.

"Nooo I wanna hear about you guys first then I'll tell you how I became stuck with this dumbass" Jennie teases.

Jisoo and Joo Hyuk both looked at each other, trying to telecommunicate on who will share.

Joo Hyuk clears his throat and held onto Jisoo's hand, "this girl right here just wouldn't leave me alone, so I had no choice but to ask her out." Bluntly stating.

Jisoo instantly let go of Joo Hyuk hand and began hitting him his shoulder. "YAH! You think you're so funny huh"

Jennie admired the happy couple and a small smile crept up on her face. She genuinely felt overjoyed seeing her friend this cheerful again.

"Okay I'LL share it since this guy isn't reliable."

"Well Jennie you already know how this guy wouldn't leave me alone." Jisoo states.