Chapter 2

Warnings:

This story includes things like talk of eating and mental disorders, slight cursing, angst, Homophobia, and things like being sick.

Viewer discretion is advised (though you're probably going to read this anyway)

After a couple minutes of just holding onto each other, Yamaguchi edged away. "It's getting late, I should leave-"

"Don't go!" Tsukishima interrupted, holding onto Yamaguchi's sleeve. He saw how worried Tsukishima looked, his eyes were misty and his face was pale, Yamaguchi's heart pounded. It was rare for his best friend to hold onto him like that.

Smiling awkwardly a little in an attempt to make the situation seem for normal, Yamaguchi pulled out his phone and told his mom about him staying over.

Tsukishima's parents were used to surprise visits, so they didn't really mind whether he stayed over or not.

The air felt heavy and thick the atmosphere was uncomfortable as well "It's not like Tsukki to basically beg me to stay...he must be really upset."

Tsukishima was shaking slightly, his lip trembling as he adjusted his glasses. They steamed up when he lifted them back onto the bridge of his nose since his face was hot.

"Oh here! I'll clean them for you." Yamaguchi took off the blonde's glasses and wiped them on the special cloth he had as a spare, just in case he lost his own one.

Slipping them back on his face, he noticed that Tsukishima's face was dusted with a slight blush.

Yamaguchi brushed it off, and diagnosed it as nervousness, feeling sick or the fact that he literally was sick a few minutes ago.

"After all, there's no hope that Tsukki likes me back, is there? He's going to find some cute girl to date, and he'll be happy. And... I'll just have to be happy for him, and have his back no matter what."

"T-Tsukki. What about sleeping? Where should I sleep?" He asked, scooting away slightly and looking at the wooden floor.

"I have an idea."

And that's how Tadashi Yamaguchi ended up sleeping next to the guy he liked.
A faint blush crept on his cheeks as Tsukishima shifted positions to face Yamaguchi. Their faces were inches away from each other, and Yamaguchi could feel the hot air on him as he breathed out.

He was already asleep, but Yamaguchi wasn't able to. Not with all the worries he had bubbling up inside of him.

First of all, he's in bed with his crush, then he's worried about Tsukishima's health, mental and physical, then the fact that he likes a boy, how his parents would react to that, and so on.

"Alright, just calm down. You've done this before, you can do it again." Yamaguchi sighed and rolled over to face the room.

Tsukishima's room was relatively plain, just a desk, bed, a bookshelf, a wardrobe, and a small shelf with some things on it.

His room was always kept extremely neat and tidy, unlike Yamaguchi's room.
It's the same with taking notes and handwriting, Tsukishima's has always just been nicer.

"Another thing Tsukki is better at than me." He thought, smiling sadly. His eyes started to get quite heavy at this point, so he gave in and closed them, slipping into a dreamless sleep.

Morning arrived swiftly, and Tsukishima was the first one to wake up like usual. He glanced over at the green-brown blur before slipping on his glasses that were on the windowsill.