three

Saint's dad immediately planned a party to celebrate this beautiful soul being born into this world.

Chinda meaning precious stone.

This name had always captured Saint's interest, he doesn't know exactly why but he did feel some kind of connection with it. During the party, Chinda was being carried by all her uncles and aunties. But she was only happy when Saint held her, crying every time when someone else carried her.

-

-

-

-

During the daytime, Saint left Chinda at his dad's house and went for chemotherapy for the first time. But he could not bear the pain and decided no to do it anymore even when the doctor insisted. Saint slowly started losing his hair. Perth who was very busy during that year did not notice the changes about Saint.

Taking Chinda back from his dad's house and going back to his empty home always made Saint worried about Perth. Perth had promised to always be there with Saint but looking at the situation now, he was not sure.

Although at first Saint did not want to tell anybody, he finally told his dad. His dad did not respond to this very well, his dad wanted to call all the best doctors, but Saint stopped him from calling. He explained, why he did not want this and his dad could only agree after being stubborn for a few days.

When he came back home, he received a call from Perth.

"Babe?"

"Hm, yes?"

"What flowers would you like?"

"Pink carnations would do just fine"

"Okay, dear. Love you"

"Love you too"

And ending the call, Saint broke down, he did not know how to face his lover in this state, he had not lost most of his hair but it was starting. He put Chinda to sleep and went to his room and cried himself to sleep.

-

-

-

Mornings, a new start to a new day. Saint heard Chinda's cry and woke up but he felt a presence next to him. When he looked, it was Perth. He must've been so tired. He saw a few strands of hair on his pillow and quickly took it to throw. Walked towards his daughter's room softly, careful not to wake Perth up. After giving a bath to Chinda, he decided to make breakfast for these two.

Perth ran down the stairs as soon as he woke up and hugged his lover from the back, snuggling his face into Saint's neck. "Mhm, I missed you, baby" Perth said in a low voice as he just woke up. Saint turned around to face him and gave a peck on his lips, "I missed you too". He continued to cook while Perth took a bath.

Perth insisted on bringing Saint out today. Saint had to finally give in to his lover's stubborn request. He rolled his eyes while choosing an outfit. He quickly found one and smiled to himself. After changing, he came out and played with Chinda while Perth was still getting ready.

They left Chinda at Saint's dad's home and went to a beautiful restaurant. Expensive but affordable for them both.

"What do you want to eat, dear?"

"Hm, I'll just have the chicken salad."

"Okay then, I'll have the steak, mid-rare"

They gave their order to the waitress and resumed talking. They had missed each other very much. This date reminded Saint of the old times when he went out for dates with Perth.