Chapter 2

Xander POV
A bright light blinded me momentarily when I first opened my eyes. My eyes slowly adjusted to the light. Taking a glance at my clock. I shrugged looking away. Then whipped my head back in it's direction in realization. It was past ten o'clock. Wow, I slept in. Schools already half over. What's the point of going? Suddenly my mom's voice came into my head "Education is important!" I groaned and knew that if I skipped the whole day, my parents would be pissed. I hopped out of bed and threw on a plain white T-shirt along with some maroon sweatpants. I took another glance at the clock on my phone and lazily put it in my pocket. Groggily walking downstairs still not fully awake, so you wanna know what happened next because I am severely accident prone... I tripped, down the stairs. WARNING: Do not try that at home kids!

I groaned in pain. "Ow!" My voice was muffled since I was still on the ground and my head was buried in the carpet. I pealed myself from the floor and dusted myself off before heading to the kitchen to grab an apple to tide me over till lunch. I walked out of the house and opened the drivers seat car door and headed to the school. A few minutes later of me speeding to get to school I parked my car and walked into school. And heard the same smacking noise I heard yesterday. I peeked around the corner and saw a the girl who looked like Maya on the ground holding her cheek and a man standing over her. Did he hit her? I questioned whether I should go beat this guys ass. Then I saw it. He hit her. "You little bitch!" He spat "You really think you can get away with cheating!" "Baby, I didn't cheat I was showing the new kid-" He cut her off by raising his hand and I stepped out of my hiding space. She didn't deserve to be treated this way. No one deserved to be treated this way.

"Back off!" I said before he hit her. The man turned around slowly. I immediately recognized him. Easton Summers is a jock not to mention a total dick in my opinion. "Or what?" He smirked evilly while stepping closer to me "You'll kill me, like you did to Maya?" I walked past him and helped the girl who showed very similar features to Maya off the ground. We began walking away from Easton. "Don't walk away from me!" He shouted in frustration. "I bet Maya was a just wanted to be with you fro attention!" I clenched my fist, I was pissed off before, but now I am fucking livid. Easton noticed this and he laughed trying to provoke me even more"She's was just a little sl-" I turned around and socked him in the face before he could finish his sentence. Easton fell to the ground. He wiped his nose and saw the blood that was left on his finger.

"Never" *slap "Talk" *slap "About" *punch "Maya" *bitch slap "Again!" I warned him. Both his cheeks were now a crimson red and he had a bloody nose, he struggled to get off the ground. Easton sent the girl a glare and then looked at me with the same glare on his face. "Mark my words, you will pay for this!" His teeth were gritted and he ran out of the school doors. I turned around and saw the girl who resembled Maya and she looked frightened. Beyond frightened, she looked completely terrified. I walked up to her and she flinched. "It's okay, he's gone now." I said in a soothing voice. I put out a hand for her to take and she did hesitantly, I pulled her into a protective hug. She tensed at first and then slowly relaxed in my arms. "It's okay." I played with her hair. I pulled away from the hug and looked at her cheeks that had a bright red hand print on both of them.  "Are you okay?" I asked cupping her cheeks. She nodded. "I am sorry," I apologized to her "I never asked your name!" I face palmed myself. "It's fine!" she reassured me "I'm Gwen." She held out a hand for me to shake.