Chapter 7 (Sorry it's short)

Xander POV

I sit outside the door with my head in my hands. Having flashbacks of Maya in this same hospital room. Being around Gwen could be dangerous for her. But if I don't protect her... Easton could hurt her even more. And I can't let that happen. I stood up and walked into the room trying my best to ignore this heartbreaking feeling all over again. I blinked back tears and sat in the chair next to the bed. "Hey." I didn't realize that Gwen was awake. "Hey. How you feeling?" I asked not looking at her. "Better then I was laying in that dark alleyway." She told me truthfully.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" She asked. "You look like her." I replied still not looking at her "I wish that she was still here." Tears were forming in my eyes. She tried to make me look at her by turning her head slightly "You miss her. Don't you?" I turned my head away and nodded. "What happened? People say you killed her. Is it true?" She asked. "You really believe that I killed her?" I scoffed. She shook her head no " No, I don't believe the rumors. I mean, I did believe them. Until I got to know you. Until you saved me."

I looked up at her with sad eyes. "If I stay around you you'll end up like Maya." I got choked up when I said Mayas name. "I don't believe that. I think that if you care about someone enough you'll do anything to protect them. And maybe you couldn't save Maya. But that doesn't mean you can't save anyone else. I believe in you and you did save me. I trust you." She told me looking me in the eyes. "You shouldn't." I broke the contact and stood up. "I am going to get something to eat. You want anything?" I asked.

"No thank you." She said politely. And with that I walked out of the room and went to the cafeteria to get some food. Once I had gotten my food I paid and went back to the room Gwen was currently in. To see this, Easton standing there over Gwen. She looked completely terrified. "Baby, I'm sorry. I was angry and took it out on you. It'll never happen again." He lied to her. I dropped my food tray and pulled Easton back shoving him up against a wall. "How dare you show your face after what you did." I was beyond pissed. How could anyone be so cruel?

"This isn't any of your business, buzz off." He spat. I chuckled dryly "I think that you are the one that should buzz off!" I put more pressure on his chest. He tried to show that what I was doing wasn't hurting him. But he winced. I let go after shoving him further into the wall. I twitched my head signaling for him to get out before I whooped his ass again. "Ah," He said like he came to the realization of something "You two are a thing now. This is why you don't want me around anymore!" He yelled at Gwen she flinched. "You really messed around with this dick while we were still together! I will get you for this!" and he left the room.