Can You Wake Her?

CHAPTER 42

CHAPTER 42

Hades is escorted into the room and Ellie walks over to him.

"Thank you for coming," Ellie tells him.

"Didn't have much choice," Hades responds.

"Can you wake her?" Ben asks him.

"Since when do heroes care about villains?" Hades asks.

"She's..." Ben starts.

"One of your own," Hades says already knowing where he was heading. "Right. When you guys try to destroy the world it's an error in judgment. But when it's one of us lock them up and throw away the key. Right, Beast?" Beast glares at Hades before Hades holds out his hands. "Yeah. I'm gonna need to use my hands." Ellie looks at Ben, who then nods for the guards to uncuff him. Hades holds out his hand for the ember before Ellie gives it to him. Once in his hand, his hair turns to blue flames. "Haven't lost my touch." Hades then turns to Beast and growls causing Beast to growl back.

"Dad!" Ellie says causing Hades to stop. Hades stands at the end of Audrey's bed before the room turns blue. Hades waves the ember around before Audrey sits up in the bed and the room goes back to normal.

"Audrey. You're okay," Queen Leah says as Audrey looks around. Hades flips the ember in his hand before his hair goes back to normal.

"Tell me it was all a bad dream," Audrey says as she looks at Ellie and Ben.

"I wish I could. But, it's over now," Ben tells her.

"I'm sorry," Audrey says as she moves closer to Ellie and Ben. "I wanted to hurt you both. I wanted to hurt all of you."

"I have owed you an apology for a very long time now," Ellie says as she takes Audrey's hand in hers.

"And so have I," Ben says as he stands beside Ellie.

"And perhaps, I have owed you one, too," Queen Leah tells Ellie before bowing to her causing Ellie to smile and bow back.

"Oh, yeah," Hades says as Beast motions the guards towards him. They cuff Hades' hands behind his back before leading him out of the room. Ellie then quickly follows them out and finds Evie waiting in the hall.

"Dad!" Evie calls causing Hades to turn back to them with a shocked look.

"Now I'm gonna have to miss you all over again," Ellie tells him with a small smile as tears come to her eyes.

"Thanks for a glimpse of the sun," Hades tells her with a smile. Evie walks over to him before giving him a hug. Ellie smiles as she sees the smile grow on Hades face. Ellie gives him a kiss on the cheek as Evie pulls away. Hades hands Ellie the ember as he turns to be lead away. Ellie holds the ember close to her, while Evie hugs her, as Ellie thinks about her decisions.