Chapter 15- The Night

(Mentions of abuse and rape)

HOPE'S POV

I was in my room. My aunt came in. She started whipping me. She cut my arms. "YOU DISGRACE. NO WONDER YOUR PARENTS LEFT YOU!" She kicked and kicked. I couldn't breathe. Then a man appeared in my room. He had a shit face grin. "Let's have some fun." After that he forced me onto my bed. He heard my pleads for him to stop. That only encouraged him more. He took off my clothing, and his pants. He forcefully entered into me. I screamed in pain. He was enjoying my face of pain. He kept thrusting, and thrusting. It hurt each time. I tried to get him off. But nothing. I screamed, and cried.

I woke up to a person in my room. Man. I immediatly sobbed onto my pillow. "please. please don't do it. please." I cried and begged. "Hey kiddo. I'm not gonna do anything. I promise." I nodded. I remembered I was with Chris.. Without thinking I jumped onto Chris holding him for dear life. And cried. He hugged back. He was whispering comforting things into my ear. When I finally stopped crying I went to sit next to him. "I'm sorry for waking you up." I was looking down. "You don't have to be sorry. I was just worried." He let it be silent for a little bit. "You wanna talk about it?" I shook my head. "That's okay. I'm here for when you wanna talk. Remember that." I nodded. I layed back down, and fell asleep. He walked out.

Chris pov

I woke up around 3am to screaming, yelling, and crying. I jumped up, and ran to Hope's room. Scott woke up too, but I told him to go back to sleep. Once I was in her room, she jerked up. She saw me. She started sobbing into her pillow. She was pleading for me not to do anything. It broke my heart. "Hey kiddo. I'm not gonna do anything. I promise." She nodded. Then the next thing she did was very unexpected. She ran to me. She hugged me like she was fading away. I hugged her back and tried to calm her down. Once she was calmed down we sat on her bed. We stayed silent for sometime. "I'm sorry for waking you up." She was looking down. She looked scared. "You don't have to be sorry. I was just worried." I let it be silent again. "You wanna talk about it?" She shook her head no. "That's okay. I'm here for when you wanna talk. Remember that." With that she nodded, and fell back to sleep. I walked out of her room. I went to the living to see Scott on his phone. "I thought you were going back to bed?" "In a little bit. What happened?" "She had a nightmare. About what I have no idea. At first she was scared that I was there, but then she hugged me. After that she fell asleep." He nodded. "Well I'm going to bed. If you need me, wait until the morning." And with that I left to go back to my room.

________time skip__________

I woke up at 7:00am to noise coming from the kitchen. I got up, and went to go check what was going on. It ended being Hope in a casual outfit. Consisting of leggings and a black baggy hoodie. Along with black converse. She look at me with terror in her eyes. "i-im s-sor-rry." I looked at her confused. "You have nothing to be sorry about." "I-i gra-b-bbed fo-ood wi-without p-p-permission." She was looking down. "That's totally okay. You need to eat." She nodded still looking down. "I-I'll le-leave n-o-ow." "How about no school today? I think you need a break." She nodded. And walked to her room. Scott woke up. "Why are we up this early?" He asked with a yawn. "Hope thought she was going to school. She'll go tommorow, but I think she needs a day to herself." He nodded, and went to the coffee machine.

The whole day. Hope hasn't come out of her room, unless I called her. Whenever she was around us she looked scared. I tried to put my hand on her shoulder, but she flinched which made me jerk my hand. The same question was in my mind. 'What exactly happen that made Hope be the way she is?' I know she was abused, but she was scared to be with us alone. With women she seemed to be calmer, but of course still cautious. Like what I saw with her and Officer Loza, but whenever she's with men. She looks scared shitless. I tried to say good night to her in her room, but she immedialy started pleading. I left after that. Scott noticed too. I have about a week before taking off to go film the rest of the scenes we have to do. That means a week untill Hope meets the people she has been texting. I said good night to Scott, and went to bed.