chapter thirteen

"remind me why it's necessary for me to show up to school and have a spotless attendance record, again?" yeosang complained, hands tightly holding onto the straps of his back pack

kevin cleared his throat. "according to my mom, a.k.a the human manifestation of mary webster's dictionary, school attendance is of utmost importance because agencies and companies prioritize educated employees that possess good social skills. and where is the one place where you get a good load of both of those? school, duh." he said, all in one breath, and shrugged, smiling to himself like he had accomplished something great.

"well i guess it's nice to hear you using big words for once," san began, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose, "and i'm sorry to be the reason for your soon-to-plummet confidence levels, but it's merriam-webster, not mary webster."

"what?" kevin scoffed, "then who the funnel cake is mary webster?" he scratched his head, perplexed as to how he had gotten it mixed up, though the confusion probably wouldn't have risen if he realized then that he had only a quarter of a brain cell, after all. 

san pulled his phone out, searching up the name. "according to wikipedia, 'mary webster was a resident of colonial new england who was accused of witchcraft and was lynched by friends of the accuser but survived.' wow, kev," he turned to him, "what have you been doing on the interweb to come across a name like that?"

"not surprised. i always suspected you were a part of a roblox cult." yeosang snickered, stretching his arms. 

"you sound like my mom! stop giving roblox such a bad reputation." 

"but back to sangie, that's quite unusual of you to be unhappy about coming back to school." san said, facing yeosang before turning front, as if deep in thought. "it's like deja vu."

"what do you mean?" yeosang asked, linking arms with his best friend as they progressed towards chemistry class.

"...never mind." san completed, pursing his lips and offering yeosang a tight lipped smile. "why did you decide to come to school 15 minutes later than you usually do, though? don't you usually come with seonghwa?"

"ugh don't even get me started," yeosang dragged, tilting his head up in despair. "seonghwa's always roaming around shirtless, and i just can't get used to it as much as i try. so i decided to wake up after seonghwa's done with his business so that i'd be out of the house a little while after him." 

"wow, sangie. come to think of it, i would have never thought you'd ever end up practically living with your crush. such a movie plot, isn't it?" san chuckled. 

"me too," kevin spoke up, "i mean, seonghwa's like popular as fu-fajitas. and you're the quiet kid. it's like water and honey mixing for the first time." 

san smacked the back of kevin's head. "idiot, water and honey mix just fine. i think you mean water and oil."

yeosang shook his head at the arguing pair, peering into the chemistry classroom before entering. as usual, the male students were segmented into their friend groups, chattering away and the teacher hadn't even arrived yet, leaving 3 minutes for their class to begin. the girl students on the other hand, circled around the famous six, cooing over wooyoung's duality, the yunho and mingi couple's cuteness, jongho's involuntary jokes, hongjoong's parental behavior and dropping dead over seonghwa's god like existence.