chapter nineteen

"

"...so you aren't into guys?" wooyoung asked, face hovering questionably close to san. 

san pushed him away and chuckled awkwardly. "n-no! kevin's telling the truth. haha. yeah." he said as he scratched the back of his head. he definitely owed kevin big time. thanks to him and his quick reflexes he was able to come up with a cover story for a very, very desperate san. 

kevin told them that they had been talking about their economics teacher, mr.byun, because he had kicked san out of class earlier that week because he failed to submit an assignment (a total hoax, and yeosang couldn't believe how dumb wooyoung had to be to believe a story like that because san always gets his work done. always.) 

yeosang then continued the phony story that was being narrated by kevin, all with intentions of avoiding any awkward conversations that they would be unable to get out of. and as selfish as it may sound, yeosang wouldn't have given two shits if it was only san's homosexuality that was being revealed to the two. however, san was a firm believer that if he goes down, he won't go down alone. yeosang was aware of that. and he would let seonghwa find out about his gayness, over his dead body.

and so he saved both san and himself by announcing that the three of them had only been talking about whether san had any hatred for mr.byun to which he responded, saying he didn't, and in fact, he actually liked him. as a teacher, that is.

"so you're like...100% straight?" wooyoung pouted, letting his shoulders slump in disappointment as he moved away from san's personal space. "what a bummer."

"yeah," yeosang faithfully interrupted, "what a bummer. being humiliated like that in front of your classmates like that! how can you not hate mr. byun?" 

"because he's hot." kevin reasoned, shrugging. all eyes turned to look at him and yeosang rubbed his imaginary beard. "oh, what's this? i think my gaydar is going off."

seonghwa snorted. "gaydar? nice one."

 wooyoung clicked his tongue. "okay, never mind that. let's go back to our original discussion!"

"about where the cow flew away to?" kevin asked and the rate of his interest of involvement in their conversation shot up. who wouldn't like to know about imaginary flying cows, right?

"no." wooyoung exaggerated, growing irritated over how the fools that surrounded him were so fond of wasting time. "let's play tell me a secret. or do something fun, at least. i think i'm going to die of boredom."

"hmm." san thought before he turned to yeosang. "well, your parents won't be back until next week, right?" he asked, to which yeosang responded with a nod. 

"then we have the whole house to ourselves. let's play hide and seek!" he exclaimed and clapped his hands lightly. yeosang glared at his friend and his obsessiveness of taking advantage of yeosang's parents and their common trait of being away often. then again, hide and seek had always been san's favorite game to play. especially at night.