Five Nights at Freddy's: Ch. 14

The clock rang 6 am. Yep, survived again. Whoop-dee-doo. I probably should have been happier about making the night, but instead I was sort of ticked off.

--

"Dylan? Jeez, what happened to you?" Atticus walked into the dorm. I was laying on my bed, simply staring at the ceiling. My eyes were weary, I've never looked so miserable.

"I'm fine... Really." I sighed and looked over to him. He shook his head and sat in his side of the room quietly. After a few moments, he walked back into my side.

"What do you even do at the job?" He sat on my desk looked at me, not breaking eye contact once.

"I make sure no mishaps happen. Kids getting in, some mechanic going wrong." I leaned forward shakily and folded my arms in my lap.

"No, what do YOU do?" Atticus leaned forward. I looked up at him and sighed.

"I sit in that office, hoping and praying that I don't get torn apart by some possessed robotic monsters." I spoke in the most casual tone. I gave a simple shrug and looked at Atticus as if it were nothing. Though he could see behind the blank stare in my eyes. I was terrified.

"Man, just leave the job... What's so difficult about that? You said the pay sucks anyway, it isn't worth it."

"I-I'll be fine. Besides, I could just bring something with me to fight them off." I laughed, mainly to ease the mood. I really couldn't bring something with. If I did, the animatronics would be damaged, and I'd be fined. I've been trying to think of ways to better my chances of survival since night two.

"I guess so. Maybe you should get video proof for the police, or something. It's just kind of ridiculous that nothing has been reported about their behavior. They need to be repaired or.. or replaced, or something. I don't know..." He hopped off my desk and slumped into his bed. I laid down again and looked up at the ceiling. I realized that I forgot make those recorded messages, I'd have to do that tonight. I picked up my phone and dialed Barry's number. I assumed he would be available during the day.

"Who the hell is this?" Barry picked up, sounding frustrated.

"It's Dylan..." I scoffed and waited to see how he'd react.

"Oh, hey kid, I needed to tell you something anyway." He calmed down slightly, but there was still tension in his voice. "You can't quit the job now, I know that's probably why you called. You just can't."

"Why the hell not?" I returned the rude tone.

"You just can't, okay! I've got crap going on, I can't cover for you. And it's too late to hire another guy right now, I'm not paying $120 for a guy to work two days! Look, I really have to get going. Bye, Dylan." He hung up, without even letting me speak anything but a quiet protest. My arm slid over to the edge of my bed and I let my phone slip out of my fingers onto the carpeted floor.

A hand pounded on the other side of the dorm door. I stood from my bed and opened it quickly. It was my girlfriend, Lexie.

"Hey Lux." I smiled and hugged her. She returned the grin and greeted me with her sweet voice.

"What's up? How was the job last night?" She spoke in a deeper tone, as if to mock that I find the job "creepy".

"Worse than last night, of course. Just how they all have been." She entwined her fingers with mine and looked at me.

"Sorry I left you so quick the other day, when you visited. I just really want to get an A on that essay. I finally turned it in, just waiting for the grade now." She stuck her tongue out at me and we both laughed.

"Nah don't worry about it, I understand." She shook her head at me.

"Do you even do school work?"

"Of course I do, I'm not some failing idiot. My grades are decent right now. All C's and up." I grinned with pride and poked Lexie's forehead.

"Oh whatever. You're a dork."

"At least I'm not a nerd." I laughed and patted her head. I looked at the time, it was 10:30. "I've got work soon, I'm gonna pick up some food on the way or something, so I'll see you tomorrow." I gave her a kiss on the cheek and waved.

"Or WILL you see me tomorrow?" She snickered and poked at my arm.

"Ha ha, very funny." She closed the door behind me and I went to grab my car keys. Maybe a two liter of soda, a box of pizza... That should last me a while.