Five Nights at Freddy's: Ch. 15 (The Fourth Night)

After a stop at some run down pizza parlor that I happen to love, and a pick up of a few drinks from a nearby gas station, I once again walked into my living hell of a job.

"Ugly little monsters.." I insulted the robots as I walked past their closet. Insulting them does absolutely nothing but make me feel a bit better inside, now that I've hurt their little circuit-y feels. Doing that will probably backfire on me later, oh well. "Ah, crap. Recordings." I cursed under my breath when I remembered the recorded messages I had to make.

"I could probably just do it all now, I've been here long enough." A light sigh passed my lips while muttering to myself. I unlocked the door to the security office and helped myself inside. Dim lighting from an aged desk lamp was all that provided me any visibility. I tossed my goodies onto the only empty space on the desk and set my bag aside on the floor.

There sat the phone. As I leaned back and watched it, I started planning out what I was going to say in my head.

"Wait, Barry... I wonder if he'll call." With all that was going on, I almost forgot about him. He should have called by now, if he were going to. I wasn't sure whether to wait or to just start recording the messages he had asked me to do.

Several minutes had past, he never called. Assuming he wasn't going to, I pulled out a sheet of paper to write a basic outline for the recordings.

"I'm taking this way too seriously." I heaved a sigh, yet continued writing anyway. I started with the introductory greeting from the company, as that's really the only thing that is mandatory to say. After writing only a couple of lines, I figured I'd be able to improvise a lot of it. Before I started pressed the record button, I checked the cameras. Bonnie and Chica were gone already, Freddy still in his place, as well as Foxy. I left the camera in front of me to be able to check it while I was talking.

"Alright..." I hesitantly pressed the button, "Hello? Helloo! Uh, I wanted to record this message for you to help you get settled in on your first night. I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my week now, as a matter of fact, so... I know it can be a little overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you this. There's nothing to worry about, ah, you'll do fine! Let's just focus on getting you through your first week, okay?" My attention was briefly drawn to the cameras again. White noise subtly buzzed out of the speaker and there was nothing but static on the screen. I shut it off then turned it back on again, and the camera's were working fine once more.

"Uh.. Let's see. First there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. Ehh, it's kinda a legal thing, you know." I looked off my paper and spoke clearly, "'Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza; a magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon the discovery of damage or death of the third, a missing person's report will be willed be filled with ninety days or as soon as property and premise have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached and the carpets have been replaced.' Blah, blah, blah.." Hearing it read aloud made the place sound so disturbing.

"Now, that might seem bad, I know. But there's really nothing to worry about. Uhhh, the animatronic characters here do get a bit quirky at night. But do I blame them? No. If I were forced to sing those same stupid songs for twenty years and I never got a bath, I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too. So remember, these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children. You need to show a little respect for them. Right? Okay."

I kept thinking to myself about why I was even doing this. Why am I not just telling them to leave the place and never come back? I hate it here, surely I shouldn't be sentencing others to this horror. Yet.. I continued.

"So just be aware, these characters do tend to... wander a bit. Uh, they're left with some kind of 'free-roaming mode' at night. Uhh, something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. They used to wander during the day, too. But... then there was the Bite of '87. Yeah... I-it's amazing that the human body can live without the frontal lobe, y'know?" I began to think of Atticus and his cousin.

"Now concerning your safety. The only real risk to you as the night watchman here, if any, is the fact that these characters... uhh... If they happen to see you after hours, they probably won't recognize you as a person. They'll... They'll most likely see you as a metal endo-skeleton without its costume on. Now since that's against the rules at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, they'll probably try to... stuff you inside of a Freddy Fazbear suit. Now that wouldn't be so bad if the suits themselves weren't filled with crossbeams, wires, and animatronic devices; especially around the facial area, so you can imagine how having your head stuffed inside one of those could cause a bit of discomfort... and death. Uhh... The only parts of you that would likely see the light of day again would be your eyeballs and teeth would pop out the front of the mask. Yeah... They don't tell you these things when you sign up..." The poor guy who signs up for this job next...

"But hey! First night should be a breeze, I'll chat with you tomorrow. Uhh, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, goodnight." I quickly pressed the button, then went onto the cameras again.

"That took longer than I intended it to be..." I looked at each camera quickly, noticing that every animatronic was gone off the main stage. Foxy was already peeking his head outside of the curtain. It was only 1:28 AM... I was wondering if I'd actually make it.