Chapter IV- The woods

It was already around 4 when me and Edgeworth finally reached the woods. Then woods seemed deep and dark and Larry was nowhere near the entrance.

" it seems Larry had gone ahead of us..."

"I guess so."

As we entered the woods a slight hinge of fear came across me. I've never been here and it seemed to be endless. But I just kept my head up since Edgeworth was behind me.

As we got deeper into the woods, the cold air seemed to worsen and it was getting darker as we passed by.

After walking for what seemed to be around an hour now, there were still no traces of Larry and there seemed to be no building.

It was all just shrubs, foraging and trees. There seemed to be nothing else.

I had been franctically trying to keep my cool as we walked but it seemed my nerves were already getting to me.

Why Larry, why the woods? Out Of all the places,, Gah at this point I just want to turn back and go straight hom-

"Wright... are you scared?"

"waIthuHWhAeH- oH uhh.. N-no not at all Edgeworth what makes you say that?"

" Your sweating Wright."

It seems that Edgeworth has caught me off guard for a second there. And at that point I really was sweating bullets.

So I tried my best not to be obvious and told him it was just the wind which ended up with him skeptically looking at me. I gulped and just continued casually walking on trying not to make any eye contact at all. But at one point I found myself speaking up.

" Ok fine... well maybe a little. B-but its fine I'm good."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Y-yeah... I think"

Its embarrassing admitting to it, but I just had to let it out my chest. But the fear still lingered on.

Edgeworth then sighed and tried to help me calm down, but the doubt of the matter just made it worse..

"Ok look Wright, were in this together. Lets just find Larry and get out of here ok?"

"N-nah its fine... you don't have to say that to make me feel bette--"

Before I could have continued my sentence, Edgeworth suddenly came close to me and took my hand.

There was then a long awkward tension between us but at that point I couldn't fully operate from what just happened.

My cheeks were burning up at that time, yet I couldn't really tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

But for some weird reason, the warmth of Miles hand on mine seemed to have removed all my fears away. Just like some kind of magic I couldn't explain.

A few minutes have passed and we have managed to walk ourselves in the middle of nowhere in the woods.

The dim light coming from above the trees was the only source of light we had at this point of time.

I had just noticed that Miles was still holding unto my hand for a long time now...

As we continued walking, I noticed something strange..

There was a weird marking on one of the trees, though its not clearly visible but its there. So I stopped walking and started inspecting it.

"Whats the hold up, Wright?"

"Edgeworth is it me, or is there like a weird marking on this tree?"

"What do you mean by that?"

Edgeworth then came closer and looked at the tree. And to my suprise he suddenly had a shocked look.

The bark of the tree and the marking were blending in with one another so Edgeworth didn't notice it as well.

It seemed to resemble somewhat like an arrow. When we were both examining it, I suddenly remembered something.

"Hey uhh Edgeworth do you recall what Larry said awhile back?"

"About the markings he left? Im completely sure I remember that.."

Miles then suddenly ran towards the direction the marker left and dragged me with him behind.

He was examining half the trees we came across, looking for familiar markings such as the first one.

" they all seem to match up."

"So Larry must be telling the truth then?"

"I think thats where it all sums up to."

A few minutes passed by and we both had found the last trace of the marker. It lead to a small clearing, where a huge shadow loomed on.

When we got a better sight of it, we were both amazed that Larry really was telling the truth.

"So... this is the abandoned building Larry was talking about then?"

"Yep, though my only question is... why would there be an abandoned building in the woods?"

Rethinking what Edgeworth said, it also makes me curious who would decide to make a building in the smack middle of nowhere.

The building was of a shade of gray, it was surrounded by trees and there were flipped over tables and chairs outside of it. The windows seemed to be boarded up from the inside, and the only thing not boarded was a steel glass door.

Miles then let go of my hand and started scouting the grounds.

The sky was already starting to dim, so I decided to go check for Larry's whereabouts as well.

After a few minutes of searching, Miles suddenly called me.

"Well? Have you found anything that leads to Larry?"

"Sadly no, but all I can say about this is that Larry is nowhere outside.."

"Anyway, I think I found a few clues on what this place might be."

"Oh? And whats that?"

Edgeworth then made his way behind the building. He then returned back holding a peice of wood on his hand.

"Out of business"

"What do you think that means?"

"Well, logically that means this establishment used to be some form of business."

Edgeworth then went to check whats inside and tried out the steel door.

"Its open.."

Edgeworth then turned around and looked at me.

"Well Wright?"

"Wh-why are you looking at me? I don't know anything about business-"

"No not that I mean, the door heres open."

"Ah well..."

I tried looking inside as well but it seemed to dark to see whats inside.

"Well what?"

"Should we go in and check if Larry's in there?"

Edgeworths expression suddenly got serious when he said that.

Its already dark now and it seemed that we really had no other choice.

"Ok, but were entering together"

Edgeworth nodded as he opened the door and we came inside.

Larry you better be in here somewhere...

--
A/n

Sorry for the hold up I kinda overslept today xd anyway hope you like it ;w;