Chapter VII- Ceasar Salad

As an hour passed by, I noticed that Edgeworth suddenly became awfully quiet so I decided to go check on him.

The figure outside was no more and the whole woods is already covered by mist and darkness at this point so theres no use checking at this point of time.

I left the staff room and scanned the four aisles for a sign of Edgeworth until I found him.

He was looking at an microwave set on top of a small table and checking if it was still working. I closed the flashlight on my hand and set it on one of the racks.

"Hey Edgeworth, what are you looking at?"

"This microwave seems brand new... maybe this place was abandoned not so long ago?"

I gave him a curious look and looked at the microwave. It seemed clean and shows a little sign of wear.

Edgeworth then turned the handle to see if it was working until all of a sudden heat started radiating between us.

"Ah, it is working then."

"But how? The electricity for the lights aren't working how is this?.."

"What lights?"

Edgeworth then turned off the knob and followed me towards the corner where I found the switches.

He then proceeded flipping them on and off but it wouldn't function.

"Ah.. I see."

"So how is this working then?"

I pointed my finger on the microwave and Edgeworth looked at it thinking.

"Well, I think the electrical system for the lights are busted here but the other appliances do work I guess."

I nodded at Edgeworth and looked back at the microwave. But then I noticed that it was already 7:00. I felt my stomach grumble so I decided to ask Edgeworth if he was hungry as well.

He admittingly said yes, so I decided to try make some cup noodles. I told him to go sit down somewhere, but he refused and told me he'd make it and I should be the one to sit down.

But after a moment I agreed after learning they only had cold water in this building.

I sat down on a nearby seat and waited for Edgeworth there.

A few minutes passed and Edgeworth came back with two plastic containers on his hands.

"Whats that Edgeworth?"

"Some Ceasar salad, they had some so i decided to reheat it."

He then sat down at the opposite side of me, and handed me the plastic container. Inside the plastic container was the salad and dressing on top of it.

I opened it and waited it to cool down for a little bit, Edgeworth was looking at me while I stalled.

"Don't worry Wright its not expired. I checked the label twice."

After he said that, I then took the plastic fork  and placed a peice of the salad in my mouth. For some reason, it actually tasted good and the dressing made it even better.

As I was eating I saw Miles smile and then proceeded to eat his share too.

A few minutes passed and we were both enjoying our ceasar salad. And then I decided to strike a conversation to lighten the mood.

"You know Miles... thank you."

"Hm? Oh its no problem Wright. The food is just a little matt-"

"Nah, its more than that."

I squirmed closer to the table and dropped the plastic fork on the container gently. Miles then suddenly got curious and closed his container and wiped his mouth with his hankerchief.

"Oh,, is that so? Then what is it then??"

"Well..."

I took a short pause as I looked at him on the other side. I couldn't help but get a little flustered but I kept my cool and continued on.

"Well you know, for keeping me company even in this situation.. it would be pre tty lonely here without you right now..."

I let out a little chuckle and Miles smiled.

"I suppose I can say the same as well Pho- Wright."

Edgeworth and I then threw the containers to a near bin and decided to talk about other things to keep us busy.

It seemed that we had lost track of time for a moment or so there that we both forgot that we both stuck in here right now.

After awhile of talking all of a sudden I heard someone running across the fog. Edgeworth stood up and then went across approaching the door.

I followed him and we both peeked through the door to see who was out there. After a few minutes we could hear panting from the person outside.

A few seconds passed and the figure finally came into full view. My eyes turned wide and suprised as suddenly I screamed on the top of my lungs as Edgeworth got taken aback.

"LARRY?!"
--

aack 799 words, hechec. Anywayy the Butz be here (finally-) to save them :^

Alsoo thanks for 60 reads I didn't actually expect that ppl would be reading this ;w;

Welp have a nice day!!