Chapter 2 - The Watanabe

Later on that day the ELder gentleman and the woman would arrive at their apartment complex. The woman would notice her father had a certain look on his face that she hasn't seen in quite some time. 
"What's a wrong father," asked his daughter as she pulled her key out to the door from her pocketbook. He would begin to grin for a moment before looking towards his daughter...
"Her eyes, she has the same eyes your mother did" he would say before heading inside the apartment. She wouldn't really understand what her father was talking about as he headed inside taking a seat on his green sofa while his daughter would put up the groceries. As she would begin to put up the groceries she would see a notice on the table about a residence that had finally came through for them. Suddenly she would hear rattling in the living room, so stopping what she was doing she would go check to see what her father was doing. To her surprise, he pulls out a very old picture of her mother when she was young and places it on the art stand.  She would be surprised to see her father wanting to paint again as he hasn't painted in years. She couldn't explain it but her father seemed excited and happy as something had gotten his attention so much he would place his old wrinkly hat on his head and got to work. She would begin to think about what her father told her about her mother, "Could It Be Mother he was painting?" she would ask her self.   
 She would smile as she headed back inside the kitchen to finish what she was doing with a smile on her face. After she finished putting up the groceries she would begin to cook something for them to eat having the apartment smelling of yummy Chinese food. As everything would be on cooking in the kitchen she would head back to the living room and see something unbelievable. Standing before her was her father and is a portrait of the young girl sitting upon the playground compared to her mother's picture. She didn't quite understand as it took her a minute to finally understand what her father was talking about, even the playground looked similar in away. 
"I meet your mother on a playset when I was younger coming from fishing, O she was so pretty but she had these eyes of loneliness" he explained. She could only wonder what was he trying to do or what was he trying to say to her until it finally hit her. Sure her mother may be gone but this young child couldn't replace that feeling and more importantly, they would be moving out of this apartment soon.
"Adopt the child, Sarah" he would tell her, bringing her to a complete shock. She wouldn't agree with her father as she had no experience with children and plus she already has to take care of him already. Her father would begin to explain a few things to her that to not think of her adopting a child but freeing someone giving them a shot through open doors. As she was scarce on the matter she knew that there would be changing her father's mind once he has his mindset. Suddenly as they would be agreeing on the matter they would begin to pick up on a strange smell coming from the kitchen...
"Is that burning rice I smell?" asked her father startling her to deaf quickly jumping up from the sofa rushing into the kitchen.           

 A few days later as the children would be outside once more, Momiji would sit posted high on the playset as always as she would spot a red car with a familiar woman driving the vehicle. Momiji would look a bit suspicious as she would see where exactly was she headed driving so slowly around the corner before parking around the corner. The sister began calling them all inside as their time outside was up, however, something had Momiji's attention but she would eventually make her way over to the sister. As they made their way inside they would spot a young woman entering the front door of the orphanage. The woman was slim with long brown as she wore a pair of glasses upon her face, the children would be led upstairs by their fellow sisters as the father would come from around the corner to greet their guest.  As the end of the line approached it would be followed by Momiji would look towards the woman. Sarah would look toward the girl as she walked by with a smile upon her face before the father of the orphanage would greet her. As the children headed upstairs everyone could only wonder what was she here for and who was she adopting. Momiji wouldn't think too hard on it as she just went to her room as it was time to study.  About a good twenty minutes upstairs they would begin to hear footsteps coming along the hallway slowly stopping at one of the room doors. 
Downstairs Sarah would be waiting with the Father of the orphanage as he sat at his desk as one of the sisters would bring down Momiji in front of her. Momiji would look around in the office as she would hardly be allowed back but she didn't really understand why the woman was there and what she would want with her. 
 Momiji would look towards her as she would begin to remove her glasses, "Hello I'm Watanabe Serah" she would say reaching out her hand. Momiji would reach out and shake the woman's hand to be polite " I remember you walking with the old man she would say" bringing a smile to Serah's face. After that Sarah would ask Momiji a question that she had long to hear as it began to feel as if she were dreaming all over again. 
"Would you like to come home with me, Momiji?" Sarah would ask bringing a huge smile on her face as it looks as if Momiji was stunned. The question would ring over and over inside of her head as she couldn't believe it, could this be it, could this be destiny calling for her at last. 
"Go..go home with you," she asked in a surprised tone.
"Well yes, of course, we may not be that big of a family but you will have your own space and place where you can be yourself she explained to Momiji.  Within the next few seconds, the biggest of smiles would come upon Momiji's innocent face for the first time in forever, jumping with excitement she couldn't believe it the time was here and now where she confounds of this orphanage. Father would as Momiji to head upstairs to retrieve her items as Ms.Watanabe finishes signing paperwork for her.
"Wa-Ta-nabe," says Momiji 
"That's correct from this on forth you're going to be a Watanabe as well how does that sound," asked Serah.  She would begin to say her full name along as it began to roll off the tip of her tongue quickly falling in love with it... 
Momiji Watanabe

 After finishing packing her things she would rush back downstairs to await Sarah standing in the hallway. Momiji would open the doors greeted by a cool breeze of sunlight as people walked by with cars driving along the streets. She would see people dressed in suits, casual clothing, and street attire as they went about their way. Momiji would jump from the doorway step to the ground with a excitement upon her face but suddenly she would begin to wonder... now, that's she's no longer at the orphanage where would she go from here. Sarah would soon make her way beside her from the steps offering to take her bags for her as she leads Momiji to her family car. Momiji would look in from the outside of the car and notice more bags and materials laid on the back seat inside the car. 
"What's with all the other things on the back seat," asked the curious Momiji. 
"Well today's the day we're moving into our new residence, father is already there now awaiting our return" she would explain with a smile on her face. Momiji would then look towards the front seat causing Sarah to look towards her wondering if she were going to get in. 
"Go on ahead it's unlocked" Sarah would tell her bringing a surprising look to Momiji's face as she would slowly reach and open the passenger's side door. The car smelled of sweet raspberries as it kinda matched to the color of Sarah's car.  Suddenly Momiji would feel something furry around the back of her head as she sat in the seat. PLOWP a snow-white cat would land in Momiji's lap giving her a quick startle as his golden eyes looked out the window. Sarah would open the her driver's side door taking notice that her cat had made his way onto Momiji. 
"Bad Sniffles" Sarah would say as she giggled picking up her cat and placing him back on the back seat floor. Momiji would look happy to be getting a warm welcome from their cat as she had never had been able to have her own pet of her own before. Sarah would smile towards Momiji as she felt Momiji would enjoy her time with them and hope she enjoy being part of the Watanabe.