C h a p t e r 3

"You idiots can't even steal a key?" Prince John shouted, the heads of the twins hanging low in shame.

"We did try to come up with the plan." Rolf said.

"But it just didn't work" Ralf added.

"Obviously it didn't. You thought of that" Prince John sighed, "Maybe I will have to think of something myself." He said as he walked out of the courtroom, coming face to face with his sister.

"Marion!" He exclaimed, making his way towards her, eyes eying the bag that hung across off her, "Going somewhere?"

"Uh, yes." She answered.

"Where?" He asked.

"Just around the village, why?" Marion answered, getting suspicious.

"Maybe I can accompany you. It has been a long time since we spent some quality brother-sister time together. What do you say?"

"No thanks." She said, stepping away from him and down the stairs, "Besides, you must have some other things to do."

Grumbling, Prince John made his way back into the palace, getting out of the watchful eyes of Scarlet, who stood in the kitchen.

"He is not upto any good," She muttered.

"Is he ever though?" The voice of Little John echoed from behind.

"When did you get here?"

"Just now. Don't worry, I am pretty sure Robin has a plan." He sat down next to her, "So, anyway I can help you right now?"

Scarlet gave him a warm smile, "Sure," she said.

---

"I find it funny how just yesterday you were not even accepting the thought of me helping you and look at you now," Robin chuckled, "Asking for my help."

"Can you please take it seriously?" Marion said, "King Richard has put his faith in me. I don't want to let him down."

"Don't worry Marion," Tuck said, "We have this all sorted."

Marion sat down on the ground, "Is there anything that I can do? Or are you guys just going to do your thing leaving me feeling useless?"

"What?" Robin asked, eyes full of concern.

"What?" Marion replied, trying to ignore Robin's question.

"Nothing," he answered, clearly seeing that Marion does not want to talk about it, "I think you should focus on your practice." 

"No," she replied packing up her things, "I think I am done for today."

"Oh," Robin acknowledged, "Okay."

"I should get going," Marion said, but stopped on hearing Robin's voice.

"You don't have to guard the key anymore," He said.

"Okay?" Marion replied, confused as she walked back to the castle.

"Do you think she will be alright?" Tuck asked after Marion left.

"Yeah," He sighed, "No time to think about that. Bring the box out Tuck."