Tafseer Sûrah Al-Kahf: Lesson 4

🌻People are quick to ask questions of what benefits them and what does not

🌻The example in the conversation of the people of the cave after waking up represents the curiosity of people, speaking without knowledge, and speaking with wisdom by attributing what is uncertain to Allâh’s knowledge.

🌻When things are not clear, knowledge is with Allâh.

🌻It is permissible to accept from the people that will benefit you of your needs—money, food, and clothing—even if you have removed yourself from them.

🌻All that is halâl is permissible to eat.

🌻The return to shirk and kufr is worse than death for the believer; and martyrdom is loved by the believers.

🌻The story of the cave is one of the signs that increases yaqeen in Allâh’s promise; the signs of Allâh around—from creation to unexplained matters—are all things that increase yaqeen when pondered upon.

🌻Îmân is not yaqeen in logic but in the heart.

🌻The ignorant believer can find himself committing shirk and kufr from his ignorance, and that is the case among deviant groups who visit and worship at shrines.

🌻Shaytân will come to the believer and convince him that he is doing good in the religion, when it is in fact evil and kufr, due to his ignorance of matters in the religion.

🌻Nothing should be built over the graves to cut off the possibility of it turning into a place of worship; and it was commanded that all graves should be leveled.

🌻People will talk about what benefits them and what does not; they need to know everything.

🌻One should not speak of the Unseen according to guesses and without knowledge.

🌻If you have knowledge, you may speak; but if you do not, leave it to Allâh.

🌻The one who admits he does not know is the one who is successful.

🌻Do not ask from those who are ignorant; ask from the people of knowledge.

🌻Do not say of anything big or small without saying inn shâ Allâh.

🌻To reply to a question with inn shâ Allâh is not what is correct.

🌻If you forget to say inn shâ Allâh, remember Allâh; make du’â to make your current situation in religion and remembering Allâh better.

🌻To wipe away a sin, follow it with a good deed.

🌻Hukm is only for Allâh; it is kufr to rule by anything but Allâh’s law and to do so takes one outside Islâm.

🌻Not a single creation can exist without Allâh; they all depend upon Him.

🌻The first type of fitnah mentioned is fitnah in deen; and the way of success in it is by keeping good companions, those who are righteous and worship Allâh with sincerity.

🌻The one who does good but not for the sake of Allâh should be avoided.

🌻The one who leaves the company of the righteous and follows his own desires will be in loss.

(Lessons from Tafseer Sûrah Al-Kahf, taught by Dr. ’Isâm ibn Sâlih Al’Uwayd)