Tafseer Sûrah Al-Kahf: Lesson 8

🌻Stinginess is not the etiquette of the believer; he should be generous with other believers and disbelievers alike

🌻It is the worst of deeds to transgress against the rights of the people, and the transgressor is brought down in status by Allâh; the transgressing king will be less than his poor subjects.

🌻Children can be a fitnah and can lead their parents into disbelief based on the intense love their parents have for them.

🌻Children who die before accountability enter Jannah.

🌻When Allâh takes something away, He will replace it with something better.

🌻The piety and righteousness of an individual will lead to the offspring of several generations being blessed and favored by it.

🌻Khidhr was a prophet.

🌻Sabr is the way out of the fitnah of knowledge; for one cannot seek knowledge nor teach it without sabr.

🌻Sabr prevents pride in the hearts of the people of knowledge.

🌻The third is the fitnah of authority; and anyone who has someone people working beneath him can experience it.

🌻Do not be proud of what Allâh has given you of authority over a part of the earth; be fearful of facing a trial because of it.

🌻The ruler cannot treat everyone beneath him the same; it is not appropriate or just to be merciful with everyone.

🌻The one who transgresses should be punished; the one who corrects himself should be forgiven.

🌻When children are disobedient, it is necessary to be strict and firm. Being lax and gentle with bad behavior will not cause the child to correct himself.

🌻Children should be rewarded for good behavior and obedience.

🌻It is of the responsibility of the ruler to correct and guide those under him and to improve their conditions, not to leave them in their misguidance and ignorance.

🌻Justice is the way out of the fitnah of authority; the ruler,overseer, and authority figure must be just with those beneath him.

🌻Allâh describes those who do not make thikr and do not listen with their heart as one who will be in the fire.

(Lessons from Tafseer Sûrah Al-Kahf, taught by Dr. ’Isâm ibn Sâlih Al’Uwayd)