Heartbeat || K.NJ

Pairing : Kim Namjoon X Reader
Genre :  Fluff
Summary : What happens when you run into a certain tall blonde when all you actually came for was to design BigHit's new building?
Wordcount: 1.1k
[ A/N: This was a request from Tumblr. Enjoy!]
5-

You smoothed down your pencil skirt and checked your reflexion one more time before leaving your house.
Today you were going to be designing one of the biggest companies' new building, and you were excited to say the least. You weren't going to do it alone of course, but you were still suprised that they chose you, not your collegue who had designed one of the most famous hotels of South Korea, but you, the not very well known woman. You've only helped design small buildings and had one designed an apartment building in Gangnam Dong, but you were sure that you would make it.
You left after checking if you had everything with you, making your way to your car before typing in the address of the Big Hit building.
The drive there didn't take too long, and you had recieved an email which allowed you to park right underneath the building.
You parked your car and took a deep breath before making your way out.
You took the elevator up and right before it closed, you heard a yell.
"Wait! Stop the doors please! I'm already late!"
You jumped a bit before doing as the voice asked.
" Thank you so much. My manager would kill me if I would be any later." The man said as he came to a halt beside you, huffing a bit because he was running, catching his breath in a bent over position.
" It's no problem." You smiled back at him.
He smiled back at you as he looked up at you. You recognised him immediately, he was Kim Namjoon, one of BigHit's golden Bangtan boys, and he was standing in the elevator with you right now.
You blinked for a moment as you were processing it.
" Are you new here? I've never seen you before." Namjoon asked after a moment, furrowing his brows in question.
" Ehm, sort of? I'm one of the architects who're going to start the design of the new building today. My name is L/N Y/N." You explained with a polite smile deciding to not make a fool decision by messing round with him.
You weren't exactly a fan of the band, but just like the rest of Korea, you did know of him.
He smiled back at you.
" Ah, I see. My name is Kim Namjoon, nice to meet you too."
The elevator dinged, signaling that you had arrived at your floor.
" Well, nice to meet you mr. Kim. I will be going now." You greeted him before stepping out of the elevator.
" Hey, wait! I- Uh- You sound pretty cool, and I saw the way you blinked earlier when you saw my face, so you probably know me. Would you like to go have a coffee with me later in the afternoon? Also, please don't call me mr. Kim, makes me feel old." He asked as he held the elevator doors back from closing.
" I'd like that, Namjoon." You smiled gently.
"Cool, meet me around three in front of the elevator in the garage. I have to go now because I'm, suprisingly, still late. I'm counting on it that I'll see you at three." He gave you a dimpled smile before letting the elevator's double doors close.
You smiled at his cuteness.
-
" For a moment there I was afraid that you stood me up." Is the first thing you hear as you step out of the elevator.
You smile sheepishly at him before checking the time, realizing that you were almost 20 minutes late.
" Sorry, the meeting went on a little longer than planned. Drinks are on me as apology." You made up for it.
Namjoon shook his head.
" Don't worry about it. Let's go to Starbucks." He smiled as he motioned with his head to follow him.
" I'm by car tough, and I don't have a keycard to get back in." You told Namjoon as you realized that he was leading you to his car.
" Don't worry, I do. But I can't go trough the drive trough, can you go in and order our drinks? I'll give you the money for it tough, don't worry." He told you as you shrugged.
"Sure."
-
" A caramel macchiato for you, and a chocolate chip Frappuccino for me. Also here's your money." You said as you entered the car, handing him his money.
" Hey, I told you that I'd pay." He pouted as he took the drink and his money.
" I know, but it would make me feel like I'm freeloading off of you if I'd accept it." You explained as he smiled and nodded.
The rest if the afternoon and part of the night flew by before you knew it. The both of you just talking and laughing in his car for hours.
" We should head back now. The garage closes at ten." Namjoon said as a comfortable silence fell over the both of you.
You nodded in agreement and he started the car, driving the both of you back to the building.
" You know, I had a lot of fun with you. It's been a while since I've had so much fun with a woman in a casual way. We should go out on a second day sometime." Namjoon smiled as you both stepped out of the car.
" Date?" You asked perplexed.
" Yeah, well, if you want of cour-"
" Of course I want to. Just didn't expect it." You blushed.
He seemed pleased with your answer.
" Cool, well, I'll talk to you later." Namjoon nodded as you nodded in agreement.
" Bye." You were still blushing a bit.
It was only when you were almost home that you got out of your dazed state and realized, he never asked for your number.
-
You walked out of the conference room and made your way to the garage, feeling tired but content. It has been three days. Three days since you've started the project. Three days since your date with Namjoon. Three days since the man had captured your heart.
You shook your head, willing the toughs about the man away. You pushed the button on the elevator, ready to head home and call it a day.
" I hoped I would run into you again." A familiar voice made it's way to your ears as the elevator dinged open.
You blinked at him, not believing that you were seeing him again and that he hoped that he would see you too.
"You know, I never got your number." He smirked as you once again, blushed.
You smiled as you realised that he had tough just as much about you as you had toigh about him.
" Maybe it's my bad. How about I pay for our second date to make up for it?" You teased him cheekily.
He laughed and shook his head.
" No, this one's on me. You have already paid for the first, also don't worry about it, there might be a lot more to come." He winked at you.
You liked that idea.

[ A/N: Anyone has any requests for me to write? I take anything apart from smut :)]