Chapter 14: Ophelia Rexon

This was the first time Daetrin entered Sebastian's office without knocking. Luckily, only Sebastian and Elois were there and they both looked at him confused. They were not used to this kind of disrespect from Daetrin but so far they've said nothing.

"I'm sorry to march in like this, but I have an information about Ophelia." He said and Sebastian told him to go on.

"Last night, I couldn't sleep so I went outside for a walk and next to Augustus' Lake I saw a black haired woman and a pack member. He was telling her the information about our pack, our castle and our plan of attack." He said and Sebastian immediately got up and his eyes glowed red. He growled as he looked outside and took a few deep breaths to calm himself down.

"Where is he now?" He asked angrily as he looked at Daetrin.

"I locked him in the dungeons." He said and Sebastian nodded his head.

"Did she say anything that could mean something to us?" He asked and Daetrin shook his head which made Sebastian sigh.

"Who is the pack member?" Elois asked and Daetrin closed his eyes as he sighed.

"A border patroler. " He said and Sebastian cursed under his breath as he glared at the table. His eyes kept moving from right to left which meant that he was thinking of what to do now. And then he looked back up at Daetrin.

"Daetrin, find Gehenna and tell her to get all the information out of the man.After that she knows what to do. There is only one punishment for treason: death. " He said and Daetrin nodded his head as he waited for another order.

"In the mean time, I will call all our allies. No witch is gonna catch me off guard." He said as he told him to go and Daetrin listened and went outside, then downstairs to find Gehenna. Once he could not find her anywhere he went to the training room and he saw her there practicing.

"Gehenna, we have a situation." He said and she immediatelly stopped and asked him what's going on.

"Long story short, I encountered Ophelia Rexon last night and found out that one of our border patrolers has betrayed us. He is in the dungeons and the King wants you to get out of him everything you can. And then he said that you know what is the punishments for traitors." Daetrin finished saying and Gehenna smirked as she walked towards the doors.

"After all these years, he's finally letting me play again." She said as she went out of the dungeons and then Daetrin was left alone with his thoughts. He sat down on the bench and started thinking about what Ophelia said to him last night. This was why Daetrin never stopped working. Because if he had any free time then negative thoughts would come and he would slowly distance himself. Daetrin didn't want to be like this but he could not help it. He did not even notice an hour pass. He would keep thinking and thinking even more had he not felt someone sit right next to him. He did not have to look up to know who it was. Daetrin's own heart beat was enough for that.

"I know what happened last night. I know what she said to you. I hope you know that everything she said about me was a lie." Khaldun said as he stared at the side of Daetrin's face and Daetrin sighed after that.

"But what if she was right? I am a failure and a disappointment. I can't even do my job correctly. I would not be surprised if she was right about you too." He said and Khaldun made Daetrin look him in the eyes.

"I never want to hear you say that again. Never again doubt me. I am here for you because you are my soulmate and because I love you, Daetrin." He said and Daetrin blushed at the last part of the sentence. He never thought he would hear someone say that to him.

"You are not a failure and you are not a disappointment. " He said as he kissed Daetrin's forehead.

"I am the Moon. I am the maker of your kind. And I can tell you right now that your job was never the protection of supernatural secrecy. Your job was to defend the world from the Sun's children." He said as he caressed Daetrin's cheek. And then Daetrin got up.

"I have to go to the King's office. I forgot to tell him something." He said and Khaldun got up and followed Daetrin upstairs and then to the office. Daetrin once again opened it without knocking. But once he got inside he realized that Sebastian already did what Daetrin was about to ask him to do. Inside the office were at least twenty more border patrolers with guards behind them with guns pointed at each of them. Elois was standing next to Sebastian and Enfys was sitting on a small sofa near the window. Sebastian motioned for the two of them to come inside too and they did.

"Let me tell you why you are all here today." Sebastian said as he started walking around in the office.

"We have caught one of the border patrolers giving up the information to the enemy. And now we wonder if more of you might be working with the enemy as well. Today, we will find that out." Sebastian said as he now stood infront of all of them. And everyone had their heads bowed infront of him.

"Enfys is a werewolf, so he can't go into your minds. Daetrin is a hellhound and he can not do it either. Khaldun can not interfere in our lives too much right now. Gehenna is busy punishing the first traitor Daetrin discovered and I am a wolf and a witch. My powers could interfere with your memories and create new ones so I can not do it either. Only one person in this room can do it but in order to do that he will have to unleash another side of him." Sebastian said as he turned to his soulmate who first looked confused and then he realized what Sebastian meant and he shook his head.

"No, the last time I was a vampire things ended badly. Please, do not make me do this, Seb." He said and Sebastian sighed sadly.

"This is sadly the only way, Elois. Please, darling, I will not let you do anything you will regret. You know I won't." He said and Elois shook his head again.

"Elois, your vampire is out of control because you never learned how to control it or accept it. You need to accept that you are also a vampire, darling." He said and Elois looked close to crying. Sebastian hated doing this but it had to be done.

"Fine, but when I hurt someone it will be your fault." Elois said and Sebastian promised him noone would die once again as he watched Elois close his eyes and squeeze his fists. Daetrin waited with interest. Elois was always so kind to him and everyone else that he could not possibly imagine him being mean to anyone. And few seconds later Elois' eyes opened and Daetrin gasped when he saw his blood red eyes and his smirk. This was no longer Elois, he knew that then.

"oooh I know the only time you would ever let Barin let me out was if it was time to mess someone up." He said as he went behind the first person and put his hands on each side of their head. He then looked up at Sebastian who appeared to be on guard.

"Don't worry, Sebby.. I will not hurt them." He said and then he closed his eyes. He opened them a minute later and went to another man. But not before he told them that the man was not a traitor. And so it went on and on until there were only five more men in the room. And then the current man started screaming and Elois smirked. Daetrin looked confused, how can a nice man become such a sadistic asshole in a second? Poor Daetrin had no idea just how dangerous Elois's vampire side was....what he was capable of doing once his eyes became bloody red. Elois opened his eyes and smirked once again.

"There is only one thing worse than a hater and that is a Traitor." He said and the guard behind the man took him and dragged him to the dungeons. And few minutes later they found out that only that one man was another traitor. Elois went to Sebastian and smiled at him.

"I wouldn't let Elois lock me away again. He will need me very much during the war. You all will. Ooh and Sebby, sometimes it's okay not to believe in peace." He said and then his eyes disappeared and were once again brown. And then the Elois Sebastian grew to love looked at him afraid.

"Did I harm anyone? Is everyone okay?" He asked terrified of the thought of him harming someone he should not have harmed and then Sebastian hugged him.

"Don't worry. You harmed only the one person who deserved it." He said and Elois visibly relaxed into the hug after that. Daetrin was about to exit the room when Gehenna entered it covered in blood and panicked.

"Sebastian, we have a problem." She said and he looked at her confused and then a black haired woman Daetrin saw at the Lake entered the room.

"Well, let's get this over with. My name is Ophelia Rexon and I come with an offer of peace." She said as they all looked shocked at her and Khaldun hid Daetrin behind his back as Sebastian did the same thing with Elois. They weren't going to let anyone harm their soulmates. Not now. Not ever again.