Chapter 20: The End of Fate?

"Friend? What do you mean friend?" Daetrin asked the Goddess after he looked at a confused Elois. The Goddess looked at him with a raised eyebrow then. From a simple question she had realized that they didn't know how Imelda really knew her.

"Did she tell you she used to be just my believer? Oh no... Darling, did you believe that? Tell me, Louise, why didn't you tell them the truth?" She asked as she looked at Imelda with a teasing glare and Imelda just growled while the Goddess sighed and walked towards the altar.

"I told them the relevant part of the story. I used to believe in you and pray to you and then you didn't help me when I needed you the most so I stopped believing." She said and the Goddess smirked as she turned around to face Imelda.

"Oh, my dear Louise, you do remember that you were my best friend before I became the Goddess, right?" She asked and Imelda just shook her head. She had hoped she would be able to forget she ever knew Arthenia.

"Yeah, before you tossed me aside for your other Gods." Imelda answered with bitterness in her voice.

"Surely you can understand why I had to do it. No one could understand me better than those who shared the same level of powers as me." The Goddess said and Imelda was pissed by now. Even little Ryan could see that. How can you reject the friendship just because your best friend is no longer as powerful as you are?

"Did you have to leave me all alone for them? You couldn't even help me on that dark day?" Imelda asked and the Goddess's eyes flashed for a second.

"Okay, I've had enough... Stop asuming I didn't want to help you, Louise. I was locked away from any sunlight or fresh air and my powers were taken away from me because I tried to help you. And after I got my powers back I had to completely abandon you to save you. If I was still your friend they would have killed you. And if all of them combined their powers then they could take you out." The Goddess said and Imelda looked like she had an internal conflict going on before the Goddess waved her hand and sat up on her altar.

"Anyways, I doubt you summoned me to mend the broken relationships. So, how about you tell me what do you really need from me?" The Goddess said while going back to her emotionless self.

"We need your help to summon Fate." Elois said before Imelda had the chance to and the Goddess smirked as she looked at Elois.

"And is that all you want from me, little bird?" She said as she walked towards the doorstep he couldn't enter.

"After everything she did to your family.... Your great grandmother, your grandmother, your mother and even you..... can you really tell me that you don't want me to kill her?" The Goddess asked and Elois looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Can you do that?" Daetrin asked and she smiled as she walked back to her altar and jumped to sit back on it. For a Goddess...Arthenia really was short.

"Of course I can, darling. I can kill anyone I want." She said as she looked around the cave and then she looked back to Imelda.

"I know you better than you know yourself, Louise. I know that you want more than to just fix what certain hellhound burned. I know what you want but I won't spoil it for these boys." She said with a smirk and then she put her hand up in the air to her right side. They all looked mildly confused until they saw a sillhouette forming infront of them. Imelda quickly backed away two steps and watched in confusion until the shadow of a woman was formed and soon the woman they all wanted to see stood there. Fate herself stood there confused clutching her book to her chest.

"Who dares summon me?" She asked as she looked at Imelda and then at the Sinclairs. And then the Goddess smiled as she fake-coughed making Faate turn to look at her.

"Why are you looking at them? I was the one who summoned you, Fate." The Goddess said and everyone could see Fate gulp after that. Arthenia worked hard to make everyone fear her.

"Now, how about you do what they want you to do, huh?" Arthenia asked and Fate shook her head and she clenched her jaw in anger. She would never let go of her pride enough to help humans yet alone the Sinclairs.

"We need you to change the outcome of the battle against Ophelia Rexon." Elois said as he looked at her with disgust and hate on his face and Fate looked at him the same way. She always hated the Sinclairs and she would never stop. Little did she know that even the Gods were tired of watching her misuse the power they gave her. And they can take it away too. Gods will always win over the Immortals.

"No can do." She said and Daetrin growled with his eyes turning orange as he looked at Fate but she didn't care since she knew the Sinclairs along with the child could not enter the room. The discussion went on and on for hours until the Goddess had enough and she jumped off her altar again and she walked towards Fate with an angry look.

"Listen here, you old hag. I didn't do anything to you thousands of years ago because my power was still growing but I am at my full power now and I would not hesitate to kill you right here and right now had I not had other plans for you. So, you are going to hear them out and then do what they want from you or else I will give you an eternity of misery, did you hear me?" Athenia asked and Fate looked pissed but nodded her head anyways. Fate turned to look at the Sinclairs with hate and anger on her face once again. She hated being forced to do something she didn't want to do. Usually, she was the one making people feel miserable and she did not appreciate karma coming to hit her back in her face.