.7.

"Did you lock the door?" Chester asked.

"No," I said. "I don't remember doing it, but I also don't remember much."

Chester raised his brows.

"What are we going to do?" He asked.

There was another knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I asked, burying my face on the pillow because of the stupid question.

"Mike. Can I come in?" 

"NO!" I immediately replied out loud.

"Why? Are you with someone in there???" He asked, already with his hand on the doorknob.

"No! I'm naked, you creep," I scolded him and Chester almost let out a chuckle.

"Oh... oh, ok," he sounded embarrassed. " Come down when you're ready. I need to speak to you before mom and dad come back from the bakery. They went out to buy bread for breakfast."

"Ok... I'll be down in a minute."

I looked at Chester and he looked more relieved. Aparently, Mike's conversation about killing whoever his sister was dating actually freaked him out. Not that he'd stopped dating just because of what Mike said, but he was truly scared of him. And as he shared those fears with me, I widened my eyes.

"Wait, wait, wait," I stopped him and smirked. "Did you said we're dating?"

He narrowed his eyes at me, melting me with the sparkle behind the brown.

"Yes..."

"So, we're dating," I said. More than a question than an affirmation.

My heart was racing.

"Yeah..." he said, his face turning pale, but his eyes glistering at the same time. He looked like he was lost in his thoughts once again.

"I should see what my brother needs," I said, noticing the look on his face. I hope he doesn't regret saying it.

"I'll wait for you," he said. "Do you want to go have lunch with me? It's Saturday and my mother is working, so I'm gonna be alone. Besides, we need to talk."

We need to talk. 

Never, ever, say those words! Is the worse thing you can say to someone. 

I was scared of whatever he wanted to speak to me about, and something told me it was not good. Maybe he was more scared than I thought about my brother and he didn't want to continue whatever we were doing. That was the only thing that occurred to me that moment and Chester noticed the change in my expression.

He knelt on the bed, while I was dressing up, pulled me to him, and kissed me.

"Good morning," he said with a sweet smile on his lips.

"Good morning," I replied, smiling shyly at him and hurrying up to leave the bedroom, just in case my brother returned.

When I got downstairs, Mike stared at me for a moment and narrowed his eyes. Then, he snapped himself out of the thoughts and addressed me.

"Mom and dad are having their 25th marriage anniversary next weekend. I was thinking we should give them a vacation somewhere," he went straight to the subject, fortunately. Every year we give them a gift together, but this year was special. It was half a half-century.

"Alright, do you have any ideas of where they might want to go?"

Mike continued talking, occasionally stopping to hear if there was any noise coming from upstairs. But there was none. I set the table for 4 while we waited for our parents and we ended up agreeing with the location after ten minutes of discussing it.