Last chapter

After that awful morning, Chester and I had a long conversation about our feelings. I had no idea he loved me the way I loved him, and I also didn't know he had those feelings since he has known me. We were both feeling and covering strong affections for each other, afraid of what might happen if we shared those feelings with the rest of the world.

The night Chester first went to my bedroom and read my secret journal, he just wanted to ask me out. His intentions were nothing but taking me on a proper date and see what my reaction was going to be.

Aparently, concealing strong feelings for me were also making him increase sexual frustration whenever I was around. And, as his eyes interpreted each and every word of those pages, it reached a level that he no longer had control over. Realizing I just felt the same attraction for him, aroused him more than he intended, and once I showed up with nothing but a towel, there was nothing holding him down anymore. I wanted him and he wanted me. He was sure of it. He never planned on having sex with me that night, but he dreamt about it, several times. Chester wanted to do things the right way, even sharing his feelings with Mike. However, according to his own words, I looked so exposed and delightful at that moment, he wasn't able to contain himself any longer.

"I was so shocked. I never thought you'd say it in front of my whole family," I said, playing with his fingers while my head was resting against his chest. We were laying on my bed, my door fully opened, because of my dear brother, talking about what happened that morning.

"I only knew what I was saying when you said you loved me too," Chester admitted. It was a turmoil of emotions that took the best of everyone. Mike felt betrayed, my parents were confused, and we were in love with each other without even knowing it.

"I'm happy that you said it," I stated, kissing his hand. "I was so afraid of telling you... I was afraid that you might not feel the same, and -- ya know, end whatever we were into."

"I was scared too," Chester said, turning around to meet my eyes. "How could someone as perfect as you look at someone like me? You're perfect and I'm --"

"-- you're the best person I know," I interrupted him, stopping him from replying with a kiss on his lips. His hands met the back of my head, tangling his fingers between the strands of my hair and pulling me closer, deepening the kiss.

Out of breath and aroused, we stopped when we heard steps on the corridor. 

Mike's door was slammed shut and the noise made our smile fade.

"You should talk to him."

"Ya think?" Chester raised his brow, the unfolding of such a conversation haunting his thoughts. "I don't think he wants to hear me, at least for now."

"I think letting Mike think about it alone for too long is not good," I said. I knew my brother too well. He allows his mind to wander and build a complex and severe aura around his problems. He tends to make small things into bigger ones.

"You're right..." Chester ended up agreeing.

That day, Chester and I weren't together anymore. He went to Mike's room and after a few minutes of arguing, they ended up taking a walk outside the house to get some fresh air. Chester, of course, texted me to tell me he would give his time to Mike that day and that things seemed to be taking a good course.

It was a matter of time and space.

Mike needed to believe Chester was in love with me and I was in love with him, that it wasn't just a big lie. After all, I was his sister, but Chester was his best friend, he didn't want any of us to get hurt, but it was so confusing to him when he saw Chester and me together that it took a while for him to accept our relationship.