Chapter 2

After arriving at James's house, I was immediately amazed by the exterior and interior design of their house. It's not exactly like a house, it's more like a mansion. This house is very spacious, maybe 10 times bigger than my house in Seattle. This house is painted white and surrounded by matching pillars, this house is more like a presidential palace. In the middle of the entrance, there is a fountain surrounded by green grass.

My admiration did not stop there, the situation inside the house was no less amazing than before. The marble floor spread of gray and white color lay before me, in the middle of the room was a marble table decorated with a flower vase filled with white roses that Niall said they had to replace once a week. Circular stairs stand on the right and left side of the room, the handles are silver colored and very nicely carved.

Niall said that in this house there is a private golf course, it's because Niall and James's son named Andrew have a hobby of playing golf in their free time. There are also tennis and basketball courts, a place where Andrew usually brings his friends to practice playing tennis and basketball. In this house there is also a jacuzzi for relaxing. And of course there are many more that Niall didn't mention because he didn't want to appear arrogant. He then escort me to the room Mom had prepared for me.

"And this is your room, I hope you like it." Niall said while opening the door of my room and letting me in. I was immediately stunned for the umpteenth time when I saw my room, this is perfect.

This room is light blue and white, in the middle of the room there is a bed with white wood and sea-blue bed linen. All the furniture in this room is white, I don't need to check the bathroom because I'm sure I will like it.

"This is perfect, thank you" I said while smiling broadly, Niall entered my room and dropped my suitcase beside the cupboard.

"Do you need help to unpack your things? Or do you want to do it by yourself?" He offered to help, I immediately shook my head.

"There's no need, I can do it myself. You've helped a lot today,"

"Alright then, I'll leave you alone. See you at dinner, I have to go. Don't hesitate to ask the housekeeper for help." he then closed the door and left, I locked it and sat in my bed. Then, I lay my body on the bed and immediately fell asleep due to fatigue.

**

The sound of a knock on the door of my room woke me up, I looked at the time and it was already 5 pm. I slept long enough, I immediately got up from my bed and opened the door. Mom was seen from behind the door when I opened it, she immediately hugged me.

"I've missed you," she said still hugging me, I hugged her back tightly. A few moments later, she let go of her arms and looked at my face.

"You have the perfect life, Mom. I mean, look at all this" I said while pointing in all directions, Mom just chuckled and looked at me.

"I'm doing this for you, I have to keep and make you happy. That's why I brought you here, after I get married I'll be able to continue to look after you." she promised, I smiled and tried to hold back my tears.

"You know that I will not always depend on you, I'll work and get married later so I can't always be with you. Besides, I never wanted to live in London anyway"

"Yes, I remember that you always wanted to live in Alaska to make sure that the grizzly bears really existed or were just made-up stories by grandma so you wouldn't go to summer camps in elementary school" Mom and I both chuckled. I still remember my grandma always telling me that in the woods in Alaska there are grizzly bears that will eat bad kids who go to camp, which is why I spent my summer time helping Mom and grandma make apple pie.