1

Anya and I sat in our usually frequented restaurant sipping wine. It was lunch hour but 'it's never too early to have a drink'.

It was a little sunny outside but it was cold enough that you needed to wear something warm.

Our usual table was next to the window so we could easily view the people outside. The glass was made in a way that we could see them but they couldn't easily see us.

I looked down at my watch and sighed. Lunch was almost over and Seth was still nowhere to be seen.

I looked up at Anya and she seemed just as irritated as I was.

She had a gorgeous shade of dark brown skin and a head full of wavy hair. She usually tied it up in a bun at the top of her head

"Remind me again why we don't just order and start eating" She asked

"We're idiots. We should just order and eat without him"

But we didn't. We just sat there reducing the life span of the chairs we were sitting on.

By the time Seth showed up there would be no time to order and actually eat the food. It wasn't like this was the first time this was happening. It happened so much we had gotten used to it.

"I swear I'm gonna kill him."

"You and me both"

Seth worked at a law firm so his job was quite demanding. Recently with him trying to make partner he had started working extra hours meaning he usually got off work late.

I worked as a realtor and Anya as an interior designer. This worked to her advantage because I would usually recommend her to clients who needed their homes redecorated.

Speaking of clients, I had a meeting with a couple after lunch so there was no room for late coming. I picked up my phone and decided to call him

He picked up after a few rings

"Hello. Seth where are you?"

"Hey. I swear I'm almost there"

Anya leaned forward and pulled my hand towards her "Warden I swear if I have to go to work hungry again I'm gonna eat that little dog of yours for dinner"

Anya and Seth's dog Charlie had a mutual dislike for each other but I had a feeling they low key liked each other.

"There's no need to threaten Charlie's life." This time the voice came from right behind me "I'm right here"

He quickly leaned in and gave us both a kiss on the cheek.

We stood up as he sat down causing him to frown.

"Lunch is practically over. We have to start off now if we're going to make it to work on time" I said not trying to hide my annoyance

"I'm sorry"

"You're always sorry" Anya chimed in as we walked out of the restaurant "You could just be on time more often than not"

"I know but there's a lot I have to do and I get carried away" He quickened his steps and stood right in front of us blocking our away and causing some people who were coming behind us to complain as they walked around

"Look I'm sorry. How about I buy lunch and make dinner"

Anya and I looked at each other for a moment and nodded "Fine but we won't let you off that easy next time"

He stood between us and pulled us close to him "My favourite girls"

Seth and I met Anya during our late high school years. Anya had transferred after moving to our town to live with her aunt. I met her during one of our gym sessions at school and we clicked right away. I later on introduced her to Seth and we've been friends since.