Part 16 - Cherryhill Rd

Velmas POV

"Turn left onto Cherryhill Rd." Velmas GPS said as she turned onto the street. 

Velma looked around trying to spot Daphne, but Daphne was nowhere in sight. Velma pulled onto the side of the road and took out her phone. Just as she was about to call Daphne, a small tapping noise came from the passenger side window. Velma looked up from her phone to find a drenched Daphne waiting outside. She quickly reached over and unlocked the car door and Daphne quickly got in. 

"Where were you, I didn't see you when I turned onto the road?" Velma asked turning the car's heater on.

"W-well I was u-up the road aways but then I saw your car s-stop so I-i ran down," Daphne responded, shivering even with the heater on. 

Velma nodded and started driving back towards her house. It was only now Velma realized that Daphne was wearing a tiny crop top and some shorts. She must be freezing, Velma thought to herself. 

Before Velma could even rethink what she was going to say she said, 

"Why are you wearing such little clothes in such weather?" 

"Well Heather said it would look cute so I guess I just listened to her," Daphne said removing her arms from her shoulders but still shivering. 

Velma clutched the wheel tightly, that bitch Heather is the reason I'm here and not at home watching Netflix and the reason Daphne's probably gonna get sick Velma thought to herself.

She clutched the wheel tighter, and she could feel Daphne staring at her.

Daphne's POV 

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned Heather. The moment I said it, Velma seemed angry. Ugh, why am I so stupid. She hasn't said anything after I said it. 

Daphne glanced over at Velma. Velma's knuckles were white, which Daphne assumed were because of her. She didn't want Velma to think she was staring so she looked out of her window. 

Daphne was still so cold. The car's heater had helped a little bit, but she was still shivering. It was taking all of her will-power not to curl up into a little ball. 

All of a sudden Velma parked the car in the middle of the road. 

"I can't take this." Velma said unbuckling her seatbelt. Daphne was so confused.

"Can't take what?", she asked as Velma turned around in her seat, and began searching the back of the car. 

"Your shivering." Velma finally said. Velma groaned and got up out of her seat and leaned over the middle compartment of the car still searching for something. Velma said something along the lines of "too cold for this" and some more groans but it was barely audible to Daphne. 

Daphne was blushing profusely. When Velma had leaned over to grab something in the back of the car, her hoodie had ridden up and exposed her very tight shorts underneath.

Oh my god, what should I do? Should I tell her? No that would make a bigger thing out of it than it is. Yeah Daphne you're just overreacting. It's nothing. It's just another girl in shorts. 

Just as Daphne's inner quarrel was completed Velma finally sat back down in her seat and handed Daphne a huge unicorn onesie. Daphne's face must of shown her horror because Velma then said, "It's either that or freeze.". 

"Can't we just wait until we get to your house?" Daphne pleaded.

"Put. It. On. I'm not letting my car's crappy heater be the reason you get sick."

"FINE" Daphne groaned. She quickly tugged off her soaking shorts and top and tossed them on the ground of the car. Once she finally tugged on the onesie, she realized that Velma was staring, and with horror that she had just done all of that in front of Velma.

"S-sorry." Velma said quickly starting up the car again.

"No no i-it's fine." Daphne reassured.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys, I know its been a while and for that I apologize. Online school has been so fuckin annoying.

This chapter is pretty short so I'll be posting another chapter maybe tomorrow or the day after. I hope you liked it. :)