Chapter 2: Seethe and Loathe

note: me and friend take turns in chapter in writing now its my turn
another note: I WILL UPDATE CRINGEWORTHY SOMEDAY. SOMEDAY //

It happened so sudden in Jonathan's eyes. With every blink, a new event occured from out of the blue, unnannounced. And that's exactly what happened on that day. When Dio Brando, who usually had this egotist attitude and a cold scowl and glare, looked like the brightest ray of sunshine, with a genuinely warm, welcoming, and charming smile that was able to sweep anyone off their feet. 

Jonathan stared at him, dumbstruck as he's never seen Dio act and look like this before, and he felt like something struck his heart at the sight. Unfortunately, it wasn't directed to the poor Joestar but rather to the blonde he had met a few days ago, Erina Pendleton. The two held each other as if they're afraid to be separated, grins and laughter shared as they stayed like that for a while. But as they did, lost cobalt eyes watched, head tilted ever so slightly in confusion, with brows furrowed in a mentally frustrated attempt on understanding the situation. 

Frustrated? Well, that was new. Most certainly and definitely new.

The day passed like it was nothing and the boys had bid their goodbyes to the joyed blonde with an enthusiastic wave. " Meet us by the river tomorrow! " Dio yelled before they got too far from each other and the thumbs up alone from the woman was enough to flash a toothy grin from the Brando. A laugh escaped from him and pulled Jonathan closer as his arm was wrapped over the Joestar's shoulder, the said Joestar only being confused more than ever.

They soon made sudden eye contact as Dio's eyes seemed to stare directly at his soul and Jonathan felt like he was about to choke on his own breath, but soon Dio had turned away and loosened his wrap around the other. " Why are so quiet, JoJo? " curiously questioned by Dio, not even batting an eye as they walked to God-knows-where. Jonathan simply shook his head and flashed a rather strained smile that was supposed to be kind, " It's nothing, Dio. " The blond knew something was off but he let it be as a sigh came from him, " Alright, if you say so, Joestar. "

Tomorrow came and, just as the two parties agreed, they waited at the river. Dio paced back and forth around restlessly, fingers lightly drumming his chin, with brows furrowed. He wasn't sure if it was from too much excitement or just nervousness, after all, it had been a while he last met her.

 Jonathan leaned back against a tree, sitting by the dirt path on the higher ground and eyeing every direction to look for Erina as he was requested by Dio to do so which was extremely strange but he questioned none. With shifting eyes, he soon found Erina, running up to them with a basket of something in her grasp. He turned to Dio, parting his lips to announce her presence, but it was unavailing to the Joestar as Dio had ran already towards her with a call of her name in an enthusiastic manner.

 Erina halted once she nearly crashed with Dio, holding up the basket she was carrying to reveal a bunch of grapes inside. " These look delicious. Where did you get them? " Dio asked and glaldy took the basket, a friendly grin plastered on his face that never failed to make the blonde lass smile. " We grew those in my farm! I hope you and Jonathan will like them. " " We both will, Erina. Thank you. " Her smile simply widened with a soft giggle that was soon cut short as she felt her blood run cold. 

Behind Dio, she sensed something rather menacing, sullened eyes that stared with hostilty. She felt herself tense as butterflies flutter in her stomach, while she could sense her heartbeat accelerate. A sense of dread washed upon her, and she was frozen still in place. After a blink, the feeling was gone. Jonathan rose up from wherever he sat and made his way towards them, hands hidden in his pockets, pulling one out to greet the lass with a tiny wave before promptly returning it hidden. Dio's brows furrowed as he saw how shaken the Pendleton child looked, waving his hand upfront that snapped her out of it. " Are you alright? "