Chapter 2

Asuna's p.o.v.

It has been three months since that incident and I have not seen Kirito since. Today, father was holding a meeting about facing the Tower Demon. Kizmel had reported finding the door to the Tower Demon yesterday. So, the three major guilds, several other minor frontline guilds, the elven army and a small squadron of dwarfs were discussing on what to do.

Father got up and began speaking. "I will be blunt. We know nothing of this Tower Demon. It wiped out all the scouts that we sent to study it. Because they all had teleportation crystals with them, and yet they didn't return, it is safe to say that the crystals will not work. So, I want all of you to be prepared for anything, and I mean anything. You have an hour for any last-minute preparations that you forgot. Dismiss."

Just as everyone was about to leave, we heard someone enter the large meeting tent. "Now, now. Let's not be so hasty, Heathcliff. I might be able to inform you guys about the Demon," said a voice that I recognized. Everyone looked up upon hearing this. Kirito, the Black Swordsman, was walking towards us. Before anything else, he turned towards Kizmel and said, "Princess, I completed the task that you asked me to do."

"What do you mean?" My father asked, turning towards Kizmel.

"I asked Kirito if he would be fine with scouting out the Tower Demon." Kizmel answered Heathcliff. She then turned towards Kirito. "What did you find?"

"It is a large demon, about three meters tall, with a snake for a tail and large horns growing out of its head. It has a large sword about two and a half meters long. As I was trying to analyze for weaknesses, it tried to hit me with a lighting breath attack. I didn't see any weak point on it." Kirito reported.

Heathcliff turned towards Kirito with a look of shock on his face. "Are you crazy? Going alone to scout a Tower Demon."

Kirito just smirked. "I prefer the term reckless."

Everyone looked nervous at the information we had just received, although a few chuckled at Kirito's response. "Well, looks like we have our work cut out for us." Said a man in red samurai armor. I looked over to see a good friend of mine, Klein. He was the leader of the Fuurinkazan guild, who were all followers of Bushido. I had met him a couple years ago during an extermination mission.

Kirito also looked in Klein's direction. "Klein, old man, is that you?" Kirito said, a bit shock. He knew Klein?

"Hey, I'm not that old." Klein shouted back with a grin.

"You in your late forties, old man. Compared to most of us humans on the frontlines, you old." Kirito shouted back. Who knew he could be a savage like that?

Klein placed a hand over his heart, a false look of hurt on his face. "How could you, Kirito? I thought we were friends."

The tension that had filled the meeting at disperse with the easy, insulting, banter that Kirito and Klein had thrown between each other. Everyone was chuckling, now far more at ease with themselves. Kirito turned towards Heathcliff. "Well, I think it's time to make mincemeat out of this Tower Demon." And, with that, turned and left the tent.

Kirito's p.o.v.

We were all standing before the doors that would lead us into the Guardian's chamber. It was safe to say that everyone was nervous. Can't blame them after seeing what I saw in there. I was standing next to Kizmel and her group of royal knights when I looked back and saw Commander Heathcliff and his daughter Asuna heading towards us. I nodded my head towards them in greeting.

"Is everybody ready?" Kizmel asked as she turned towards Heathcliff.

"They're ready." Heathcliff answered. "Now let's go kill this son of a bitch."