Thirteen

Chris wipes at his mouth, it's best he gets rid of that evidence now

Chris wipes at his mouth, it's best he gets rid of that evidence now. He may have went a little crazy and lost his senses. Left a few marks that may forever permanently scarred on the she's skin. At least, Salem gets the point now. It's about time the damned she got it. The satisfaction of seeing her cry, it makes his bones tingle. Its over now. He sighs a breath of relief. Now, all she has to do is permanently disappear. For good. He can feel the excitement hit his bones. He can get his life back on track.

All he has worked for won't be messed up any further. He can fix the problems. Move forward. Continue to build the future with her. See his pups growing up.

He can worry about his mate and his growing family. He's free. He's fucking free. He feels good. He actually feels free of his past mistakes with the she. Karma is so good. It's so great, he sighs. Despite he had to take it in his own hands. He hopes the Goddess forgives him for that part but he can breathe. He no longer feels tied to his past anymore. He's no longer binded to it.

He's free of the witch.

He can't wait to get home and be near his mate, feel their pup inside her belly. See his son sleeping peacefully. He needs to get home. He just needs to hold Y/N. Hold his pup and love on them so much they can't stand it.

His movements are fast and filled with excitement as he heads back to his home. He's aching to be near his mate. His mind flashes back to his actions and he feels his heart drop. His movements slow and he stops. His chest caving in at the thought. At his horrific actions. He needs to apologize for them and the way things played out. He tried to explain and he lost his temper. He hates it. It's the first time it's ever been shown in that sense in years. His last mate, it scared her to the point she had went rogue.

She refused to be another victim. It made no sense, but he understood and had expressed to Ryan not to do a search party. She wanted to be free. It broke his heart, but he understands. He wishes his first few mates could've been like Y/N. A strong willed woman. He adores her. He realizes it more and more every day.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

He searched each room. Over and over again. Like it was some sort of hide and seek. He had hoped he had missed something. He had searched over and over again. So many times he lost count before his knees caved in. Before he fell to the floor and let out a pained scream. His hands in his hair.

Sheer panic in his very bones. His own chest breaking from the inside out. He can't stop screaming. He can't stop the noises that are coming out from his lips. He can't stop the tears or the way he feels the guilt take over. He can't stop any of the pain. Chills take over.

All hoping it was some sort of bad dream. All he had to do was open his eyes. Only to open his eyes after squeezing them so tightly shut and mouthing a silent prayer that he's met with the emptiness of the house again.