iii. you're not my first jedi

TN-0237 left Cal to explore and headed to the Vault. She figured he would be fine on his own. Besides, if he was killed that was not her problem. Cere may put the blame on her and Greez would probably mourn for five minutes, but TN would still go on with her life and try to stop the Empire the best she could.

She climbed to the top and eyed the glowing rocks in front of her, her eyes narrowing. TN never understood the Jedi. She always thought of them as self righteous beings who thought they could make the galaxy theirs; at least, that is what was taught to her at a young age. Her Imperial mindset was hard to change. After years of drilling those ideas into her head and being told the Rebels against the Empire were simply radicals and worked with Jedi, it made her want to become a Stormtrooper and put an end to them.

But now, she was a defective trooper. She was lost, confused, and nameless. She was a nobody to the galaxy; no family to go to; no friends to trust.

Reaching her hand out, TN rested it on the stone and closed her eyes. A pulsing feeling underneath her palm made her dig deeper into the power which rested in the Vault, but it immediately pushed her out. The Stormtrooper inhaled deeply and ripped her hand away. Her scowl returned as she backed away.

"You all think you're so entitled." She muttered coldly, a bitter smile on her lips.

"You attack without reason, kill without question. At what cost, hm? When did it matter to not attack? I backed down and spared one of you! I made it clear. But what did I get? A lightsaber to the face."

TN turned away and walked out of the small area, sitting outside of it and trying to think about something else. Cal and BD-1 came up the hill and saw her. The small droid ran up to her and asked if she was okay. Cal stood back, looking between his droid and her.

"I'm okay, BD-1." TN replied, but Cal could sense there was something wrong. She looked up at him, her scowl deepening when she noticed his questioning expression.

"I'm fine, Cow Bestis." She said, saying his name completely wrong on purpose, and stood from her spot. The boy in front of her rolled his eyes, annoyance surfacing again.

"Cal. My name is Cal Kestis. What was yours again?"

TN was about to reply with her usual "My name is TN-0237," but kept silent when she realized what he meant.

"That's right," Cal mused harshly, "you don't have one."

The moment his words left his mouth, he knew he went too far. TN's scowl faltered before turning into a hurt expression. She stepped away from him, her eyes downcast and her hands balled into fists. Her eyes darkened as she smiled bitterly.

"You Jedi think you're entitled, huh?" She repeated from earlier, only it was to the boy in front of her.

Cal frowned at her as she looked at him. She was angry and resisting the urge to punch him.

"No, I don't." He responded but TN shook her head, not accepting the answer.

"The Jedi were nothing--"

"That's not you talking. You may have defected, TN-0237," Cal stood over her, "but you still think like an Imperialist."

The girl pushed him away, her eyes watering from her anger surging through her. She wanted to deny what he said; she really did. But the truth was there in his words, and TN hated to admit he was right.

"I've only been defective for a few weeks. I'm trying to be something different, and don't you ever think I am accepting the Imperialist mindset. I hate it! But my disliking toward the Jedi is real. I don't really like you. Hell, I don't really like Cere, but there's something called 'adapting'."

Cal watched her glance to the Vault behind her, her nose scrunching in dislike. He walked back up to her, BD-1 perched on his back. The small droid beeped to the girl in sympathy, but she shook her head.

"I'm okay, BD." She was not okay.

TN started to head back to the Mantis, her eyes watering and her lips pressed into a thin line to keep herself from crying. Never in her life has she felt this upset over something a person said. Maybe it was because she felt guilty? Or she was angry with herself? The Stormtrooper did not know.

"You're not my first Jedi I've come across." She called from the bottom of the hill. Cal turned to face her, but she was still walking away. He would have called back to her, but she was too far and too angry to talk to right now.

I should apologize later, yet I highly doubt TN will accept it, Cal though before pursuing into the Vault.