xv. you're a dork

TN woke up in a haze, her head throbbing and her body aching. She forced her eyes opened and looked around her surroundings. Instead of the Ice Caves of Zeffo, she was in some sort of prison cell. It smelled horrible, like dead animals and stagnate air, and the cell had dead creatures in the corner.

That bounty hunter! TN thought as she remembered what happened on Zeffo. She also remembered a certain redheaded Jedi and a small companion droid she traveled with. When she realized neither of them were with her, the girl scrambled to her feet and ran to the cell door.

"Cal!" TN shouted and tried to glance out to the sides. There was silence in the corridor, minus the growls and screeches of animals and creatures in the cells beside her.

Glancing around the cell, she looked to the dead creatures in the far corner. TN walked over to them and scrutinized what she could possibly use from their bodies to get the cell door open. The giant insects with the large pincers looked to be the only thing she could possibly use. Tearing it off and resisting the urge to gag, TN stood and went to pick the lock with it. She tried not to gag at the smell of the dead insect and the molded pincer in her gloved hand.

The door clicked and it opened, TN grinning triumphantly as she walked out. She saw dead bodies of creatures being dumped through gaping holes and down into a foggy abyss. A small part of her felt back for them, but she snapped out of it.

That's stupid.

Looking up, she saw movement in a room above her. It was quick, and she could just make out the faint trilling and beeps of a droid. Frowning, she tried looking more closely to confirm that it was BD-1.

"TN!"

The girl whipped around and gazed at the familiar boy. He was running toward her, his face filled with relief. TN stepped forward when he neared her and the two enveloped each other in a tight hug. Cal held onto her, his eyes closing and burying his face in her short hair while his relief flooded his senses. She held him close to her, her worry dissipating quickly.

"You okay?" Cal questioned, still holding her.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'd feel better if I had my staff." She replied softly and let go of him. She rested her hands on his arms, the girl almost gawking at how muscly he felt.

Well, he was a scrapper for a few years. He would need to be pretty strong.

"Same here. My lightsaber was taken too along with BD." He said and tucked her hair behind her ear.

The two stayed silent for a moment, Cal looking over her features and began to feel something invisible tugging him toward her. He started to close the distance between them again, the girl watching him closely as her heart rate picked up.

"We should go find BD." TN muttered to him, stepping away and turning to face the abyss where dead creatures were being dropped in.

Cal cleared his throat as he let go of her. "Right, right! Find BD, which I think I see him up there. I'll be right back."

Quickly, Cal swung across the chasm and landed up on a ledge. He opened a hatch, jumped through, and fell into a room where BD-1 was. TN fiddled with her hands nervously as the sudden realization hit her like a a brick.

He was going to kiss me...

Flashbacks to her dream where Cal was Inquisitor and admitted he loved her came back in her mind and fear gripped her. If he does have feelings for her...?

It was a stupid dream, the trooper thought as she watched him swing back with BD-1. He would never turn on me...right?

"Come on, TN." The boy said to her and gestured for her to follow him.

She did and walked beside him, BD-1 trilling excitedly and happily chatting with her. TN talked to the droid for a bit before grabbing Cal's wrist, stopping him in his place. He gazed at her in confusion as she moved forward.

"You were going to kiss me." She stared and looked up at him.

"What?! I-I would never..."

"I'm not stupid, Cal. I know what a kiss is."

He rambling, his face red as she rolled her eyes and stepped toward him. The two backed up to an elevator, the platform, rising slowly as TN continued speaking.

"Cal, you're not the only one with nameless feelings. I...I've felt them too, and to be honest, it scares the hell out of me and I don't know what to do! While it scares me, its also given me this warm feeling, and it's only around you."

The two stood silent, TN awaiting a response from him. He stared at her, unable to speak. She felt that unknown feeling too? She feels the same way toward him?

"I get them too. It's why I was kind of rude to you too. I thought it was just my annoyance, but I guess it was something else."

The girl chuckled a little and looked at her hands.

"I'm sorry." Cal replied, making TN panic slightly but relaxed when she heard the next words. "I was a jerk to you."

"Don't take all of the apologies, Kestis. I was a jerk too."

As the elevator neared the top, shouting and loud heavy metal played. TN's brows furrowed in confusion while Cal gave a look.

"I know this band. I listened to their music all time while working the scrapyards."

"You're a dork, you know that?"