Epilogue

Most of a year later, in the Academy Building, there aren't any emergencies as yet.
A small team of friends and fighters are eating brunch a few blocks away. Jean is at the counter, paying for shakes. Her Cardinals cap is on the counter and she plays with her hair as the cashier drops her change.

Lexi and Corduroy are arguing over a new mission assignment. Lexi claims it's simple; cleanup after some rouge minor spirits. Corduroy says they should have been given more time to prepare and the mission isn't worth it anyway. Taylor nods his head to Owl City in his ear buds. He takes a sly picture of Lexi and Corduroy across from him. He has no idea of his impending brain-freeze.

At the same time, on the streets of Acra, a small boy who has killed gets a text. It's a simple mission. Track down some old morph, bring him in, the end. Easy. Just stalling before the big mission. He shivers,  idly scrolls through his messages. He stops on an old contact. Taylor had messaged him every day until a month ago. It always hurt. He should have changed his number. He stands up and pockets his phone. As the sun sets, he begins to hunt again.

Haha! The end? Sike!! There are four more books that I have written in my head!
More to come, I guess...