NINETEEN

JOHN B PANTED as he ran through the woods

JOHN B PANTED as he ran through the woods. He jumped over a fence as sirens neared him. He ran through a small neighborhood, and past the church, he took Kamden to. He looked up at the large mansion. The garage door was open so he ducked into the garage, closing it behind him. He quickly turned off the lights and sat under a table.

John B panted as he rested his head on the ground. There was a loud thump on the garage door which caused him to jump. The sirens grew louder outside the garage. John B scrambled to stand up. He quietly ran through the garage and towards the door. He opened the door and closed it just as quickly. He swiftly walked away from the door and turned around. He walked into the kitchen a froze.

Topper was sitting at the kitchen counter, leaning over a bowl of cream. He turned around as he looked at John B.

"John B?" He asked as he set his spoon in the bowl.

John B slowly put his hands up as Topper stood up.

"Man, what are you doin' here?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"I know what you did," Topper shouted.

"Please listen to me."

Topper turned around and grabbed a knife from the counter. He looked back t John B.

"You just invaded the homeland, bro."

"Put the knife down." John B put his hand up.

"Get the hell out!" Topper yelled as he walked towards John B.

John B looked at him. He quickly turned and ran down the hallway.

"Hey!" Topper yelled as he chased him.

John B grabbed the first doorknob he saw and opened the door. He quickly shut it and locked the door. Topper shook the doorknob but stopped. He quickly ran to the kitchen and grabbed a chair, blockading the door.

John B turned around and looked at the small laundry room. Topper sighed as he stood outside the door.

"You're in the house of pain now!" Topper cheered.

John B turned around and tried to open the door. The chair blocked it as he rattled the doorknob. The front door swung open and Topper looked over. Kaleb walked into the house. He wiped the blood from his face as he looked over at Topper.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He asked.

Topper smiled.

"You're not gonna believe who I got in this room, bro."

Kaleb knitted his eyebrows.

"Bro, I'm just eatin' cereal and-and I looked up and bam, intruder alert." He grabbed Kaleb's arm and pulled him down the hallway. Topper turned to the door. "Knock! Knock!"