Chapter 18 : By The Time

Carlo's POV

It's been three days but I still don't talk to her nor look at her in the eyes. I'm ashamed, I can't do anything for her, I've tried my best to atleast make her smile or laugh but nothing. I don't know what to do anymore, it hurts me, seeing her like that.

She's lifeless and I can't put a life on her. At the moment I saw her eyes turned back and then red, I was scared that feared dominated my self. But then I overcome my fear after that day and rather I'm so sad, I'm so worried and I hate myself for doing nothing to give her a life.

She's losing herself, from the moment I saw her eyes change, she tried to kill me, she's losing herself if her eyes changes to red. I want to talk to her. I have to. I need to. I want to help her and it's my mission from the start, I will not give up. She went through the toughest and I want to comfort her but this coward side of mine is really the worst.

It's dark now, she's on her bedroom and I've been pacing her in the dining room whether to go upstairs and talk to her or not. "Oh, forget it, I'm going."

I started walking upstairs and open her room. She's standing in front of her window, facing it. She must have been thinking.

"We need to talk." I directed to the point. I went near behind her.

"Spill it." She said not even moving from her position.

"What happened?" She knew what I am referring to.

"What you have witnessed." She said simply. She's not really good in talking. Well, if someone don't know her, they will think she's mute.

I sighed "Since when did it started?" I went on the edge of her bed and sit.

"The first time I attacked a house." I'm shocked.

"Are you referring to the attack five years ago?" I asked afraid to know the truth. She nodded. Oh no.

"It just happened every time I go inside for an attack." She said like it's not a big deal, she's so calm about it. Well, as always, she is.

"But, 3 days ago, I'm sure we didn't have a mission. Then why?" I'm so curious now, I put my elbow on my knees, holding my temple.

"I don't know, maybe because I rarely went for a kill." She faced me now but her expression is blank.

"Then, ha-how will you deal with that?" I stuttered, I really don't know, how she will deal with it. It's dangerous, the red eyes don't care whether who ever in sight, it would kill anyone. Including me.

"Learn to control it." She shrugged.

I breathed heavily. "How?" I stand up waiting for an answer.

She smirked "By the time."

Venice Claire's POV

Every morning I was out for a run for hours.

I've been working out to feel pain, to make my body exhausted, I've been doing it everyday.

The Silencer take over my body twice a week and the incidents are spreading all over the news.

Others considered me as a hero for helping the innocent, while others think I'm a monster for killing in a brutal way.

I don't even know The Silencer left eyewitnesses... I thought she killed anyone on sight, but then why did she tried killing Carlo? Carlo killed people.

Then there, I realized that The Silencer killed any person who's guilty, guilty of doing crimes, guilty of deviance, and left the innocent.

The criminal case lowered the moment the Silencer take over my body, they think I'm lurking at night for preys and they are afraid to have an encounter with me.

So, no one is seen outside at night...

It took me a year to control The Silencer. Now, I can command her when to wake up and kill, and to sleep after. I don't know what she's been doing if she takes over my body but at least I learned when to wake her up.

The moment I learned how and when I can wake her up. The criminal rate is increasing once again.

It also took me a year and a half to learn to sleep on my own without using a substance but still my awareness never sleep. If my senses sensed something it wakes me up.

Yes, it's almost 2 years and tomorrow is my birthday the day I'll get my freedom.

I finished taking a bath and now I'm wearing a gray shirt and a pants. Suddenly, the door opened and revealed Carlo, the intruder.

He leaned at my door frame. "So, what will be my princess' plans for tomorrow?" He asked playfully

"Going far away." I said simply standing in front of the mirror while combing my hair.

He turned serious as he came closer to me.

"What did you just say?" He's sort of angry the same time curious.

"Tomorrow, dad will let me live on my own. I wanted to go." I wanted to find myself.

"You don't need to go, you know that right?" He asked with a pleading eyes.

"I know, but I can't stay."

He sighed "Then where will you go? Can I come with you?" He sounds desperate.

I breathed "I'll go to school, don't try to know where. And no, you can't come." I can see myself emotionless, it never leave my face.

He seemed shocked. "School? But you don't need it anymore, you're genius! You're the heiress and soon to be the owner of the Tarre Industry." He's getting aggressive now, he want me to stay and I know one thing he can't resist.

I bit my lower lip "I want to find myself." I want to become human a real human. I know it's impossible, I'm not hoping but at least, I'll try.

There's nothing to lose. I looked at him. His eyes from half angry turned to sad and then glad?

"Ow, what can I do? What do you need? Do you need papers? Have you already enrolled? Do I need to enroll you? Shou-"

"Stop." I cut him off which made him stopped.

"Everything has been settled." Did I tell you that I have already graduated my secondary level when I left the old mansion?

Well, now you know, again I'm home schooled. Well I wanted to earn a degree and I wanted to experience another world and that is to encounter a number of people, to face the people.

Carlo looked at me with so much love and happiness. He walked towards me and pulled me into a hug "I'm so happy for you, princess." he whispered in my ears.

He pulled out "Btw, your dad told me to tell you, that you have to go in his office. He also said, you know where to go." I nodded.