Chapter Eleven

"When did you get home last night?" Chris interrogates Stella at breakfast when she walks out of her room the next day.

"What do you mean?"

"Well we came home and you weren't here. I went to bed and tried to stay up for you but I couldn't hear you come in and I was really tired.

"Oh," Richard interjects, "we just went for another pap thing. I should have let you know."

Chris nods but Erick holds back his smile as he stares at Stella and Richard.

After breakfast, Stella and Erick decide to spend the morning together but as soon as they are alone Erick begins talking about Richard.

"What was that last night?" he asks as they walk together along the river near their hotel.

"It was nothing."

"You sure about that?"

"Positive. We kissed a little but I think it's just his feelings getting confused with all these fake dates."

"That's what you really think?"

"It's what I know. He said it was a mistake."

"Richard said that?"

"Yeah." She nods.

"You have feelings for him and he has them for you!"

"He doesn't want to talk to me. He regretted it. I could tell as soon as you all walked in the suite!"

"I think he was just scared of Chris and worried you would reject him."

"I was on top of him! Why would I reject him?"

"He was just scared."

"You're delusional." She rolls her eyes.

Zabdiel and Stella decided they wanted to see the bean in the Chicago while they were there. The rest of the boys decided to stay at the hotel and rest before the show. As they walked around the city of Chicago, Stella couldn't help but open up to Zabdiel.

"He said it was a mistake?" Zabdiel asked.

Stella just nodded in response.

"I don't know Mamita. I think you should tell him how you feel."

"I don't feel anything. I'm just telling you what happened." She said casually.

"You have feelings for him." Zabdiel stated.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" She wants to scream.

"Because you do."

"Yeah. Whatever."

Richard and Stella avoided each other all day. Erick and Zabdiel kept pushing them to talk but neither of them wanted to. They were both too shy and scared to do anything. Richard was scared that if he went near Stella, Chris would get so angry that it would hurt the band. Stella was scared that if she confessed her feelings to Richard, she would end up hurt.

It was late at night and once again Stella couldn't sleep. She tossed and turned and event tried finding a video of Chris singing on YouTube to help her sleep but nothing helps. She wants to go out to the balcony but she's scared she will find Richard there again.

Settling for some late night phone scrolling she reaches for her phone. She spends a few minutes online before she gets a text from Richard.

'I know it's 2am but come outside?'

Stella smiles and almost jumps out of the bed to reach him. Embarrassed by how quickly she moves, she waits in her room for a few more minutes before she walks out to the balcony, taking her own blanket this time. She pulls open the door and sees Richard, in a hoodie and some tracksuit pants sitting on the longue chair with his hands in the pockets of his hood.

"You came?" his face lightens up as he sees her.

"Why wouldn't I?" she smiles.

He shrugs. "Sit with me?" he moves over. She nods and takes the same position next to him as she did nights earlier. This time her blanket covered them both and she tried to not settle right next to him but couldn't help finding comfort in his embrace.

"This whole fake dating is working." She comments. "I saw some fans on twitter speculating."

"Good." He nods looking up at the sky.

"Why did you call me out here?" she asks.

"I needed help sleeping." He confesses.

"How did I help you last time?" she looks at him confused.

"Just you being peaceful and next to me." He shrugs, "It calmed me. You're beautiful when you sleep." Stella blushes.

"We can't fall asleep here again. Chris will kill us." She smiles and starts moving to go back to bed.

"Yeah, you're probably right." He nods.

They both head to their rooms. Stella stares at herself in the mirror.

"Why? Why did you not stay out there with him?" she asks herself. "You could've helped him sleep!" she's almost yelling but it's so silent that she's careful not to wake anyone up.

Without taking a moment too long to overthink her actions, Stella heads to Richard's room. She knocks lightly. His room shares a wall with Chris' room and she's afraid that he might hear her. Richard opens the door, this time he's just wearing his sweatpants.

"Everything okay?" he asks.

"Yeah. Yeah. I just – Can I sleep here tonight?" she pauses but wants to make sure he understands what she is asking, "with you?"

They stare at each other nervous but excited and Richard just nods and moves to the side allowing her to walk in. Stella waits for Richard to get into the bed before she does, it's his room she wants him to take the lead. Richard can understand what she wants without her doing anything and he takes his place on the bed. He pulls the sheets back signaling for her to get into the bed with him.

She follows his lead and faces Richard. Their faces are so close together that their noses are touching.

"Why did you want to sleep in here?" Richard questions, "With me?"

"You make me feel safe." Stella's leg tangles between Richards.

Richard smiles and kisses her nose.

"You better get some sleep. We have an early morning."

Stella nods and rolls over hoping that Richard will hold her. Almost like he reads her mind, he moves in closer to her, their bodies fitting together like a puzzle. His arm wrapping around her waist as his face nuzzles into her neck.