Eyes of the Innocent

Beverly Hills California.....1998

It's a chilly night but guests gathered inside the big hall of one of the richest Korean businessman's mansions. It is an occasion that everybody is waiting to get invited. The rich wanted to be with the richest among them. It is an opportunity to broaden its chain of power in the business world. But one thing is for sure. One knows the intention of the other. Despite it being too obvious, all still have a smile on their faces. Who would sulk?

Only kids.

"Mom, why am I here? I wanna play." Taemin has no Idea why he was in between towering people. He is having a stiff neck tilting his head up to people saying 'Hi' to his adorable chubby face.

"Babe, listen, we already talk about this remember? You will behave in front of adults for minutes and then you will be with the kids in the big playroom." Mrs. Lee touches his son's face to kiss his pout.

Mr. Lee cannot hide his adoration towards his son and wife. They are so much alike in every way. Sweet and feisty.

At six Taemin has a temper. He can be the sweetest kid in the universe but he can also be the scariest little brat when pushed to his limits. He always wanted to do something. He cannot be in one place and do the same thing over. He is a genius. At his age, he can read, write, and do math calculations with his head. Whenever he is with kids his age, he gets into a fight because of his definition of playtime. He cannot be just throwing balls for an hour. Instead, he wants to count all the balls, read all the books, estimate the number of bricks used from top to bottom in the four sides of the entire playroom, or letting other kids answer his question on multiplication. Because of his smart head, they're having a hard time. But because of his pretty face, it washes the tiredness away. They wanted him to be just a kid his age. Play and just have fun.

The man of the hour finally showed up with his beautiful wife and everybody stops in all they do. Introduction and handshakes took half an hour before he and his little family went up the platform to welcome their guests and do the announcement everybody was waiting for.A round of laughter echoes the room when a cute little hero in Zorro outfit came out from behind the lady of the night. He was trying his best to stand tall, chest out, feet apart sideways while pointing his sword down for a cool pose while all camera was directed to them. His big eyes directed in one direction.

Taemin. The cute little kid whos waiving at him loving his hero outfit. Little hero wave back without a smile. Taemin drops his hand with another pout and leaves his mothers' side.

"Son, stay. Your father is still talking." The lady of the night whispered to her little hero with a smile.

"Mom, I have to save someone." He whispered back. The hand clutching his cape like he is ready to run after his princess.

"Alright. Give us three more minutes." She put her hand on one of his shoulders and another on the back of her husband. As if in understanding her husband smiled down at the little impatient Zorro.

"Without further ado. Ladies and gentlemen, the new partner of 'Emerald Chain' that would build a world-class resort, hotels, and restaurants! Lee and Associates!"

A round of applause and the guest pave ways to the couple.

"Oh dear, Taemin left our side. What should we do?" Mrs. Lee manages to inform her husband with a smile to everyone whos cheering on them and giving them congratulations.

"I also would like to introduce to you my son and my only heir, Choi Minho!" Another round of applause drowning Minho's voice as he asks about his princess.

"Where is she?" He tugs on Mrs. Lee's gown.

"Who?" She put her finger on Minho's chin to tilt his head up.

"My princess. The pretty kid with you." Minho caught his father's eyes curiously looking down at him.

"Looks like my son is in love with your kid. How about making it official while we're here. It will strengthen the bond of our family and the business?"

The reaction in the audience was split in half. Some were laughing taking humor in it while the other half in disagreement especially those that have planned on marrying their daughters to the equally rich children.

Minho jumps off the platform and runs in the direction where his little princess disappears. The path he took was directed to the garden instead of going to the playroom. He hops and runs while swinging his sword like Zorro. His eyes glint in the dark night. The garden wasn't lighted well enough to see the surroundings. Princess looks like hiding behind the Chinese bamboo. He moves like a thief so he can scare him but Taemin turns around to pull him down and cover his mouth. He can feel his trembling hands in his mouth. He slowly moves his hands and faces him."What is it?" He whispered. Taemin didn't answer. Then he heard them.

"Kill them."

Minho's eyes widen and in an instant his palms on his princess' ears. He smiles at him.

"What's your name?" Minho whispered with a reassuring smile. But his eyes are directed at the dark shadows.

"Minnie."An explosion followed.