Logan's Laptop (+ Introduction)

"Sometimes, stories start with some of the most offhanded comments one would ever see. Sometimes they're intentional, and sometimes completely on accident. This story consists of three friends, two of which knew each other already, and one was new, who try to fix any and all issues they find, and end up making it worse. And this story in particular starts when a snake steals their friend's laptop, and somehow drags two people down with him. In other words, an actual mess."                                           

The Mindscape is normally a pretty quiet place, especially in the common room between the Light and Dark side barrier, so it's no surprise that both sides and creatures (when they escape from the Imagination) alike tend to flock there to read. That's where the young girl was, just reclining on a beanbag against the wall and reading fanfiction on her phone. She frowns in sympathy when everyone in her story felt bad for shunning a snake because he felt insecure about his scales.

"My boi..", she murmured under her breath, flicking a strand of brown hair out her face to continue, but she doesn't get far when a voice drawls above her. 

"Yes~?" She startles slightly, looking up to see the same character in her story-a boy called 'Deceit' with scales decorating the left side of his face. 

The girl blinks. "Oh! Uh, hi.", she stutters, sliding her phone into the pocket of her gray dress and standing up, at least a whole head shorter than Deceit. 

"I'm not bored." the snake says bluntly.

The girl chuckles, rubbing the back of her head. "Honestly, so am I...I finished my work and now I don't know what to do." Deceit sits down in the beanbag chair and pulls out a blue laptop, turning it on but not getting very far when a yell from the distance has both the girl and the snake alike flinching. 

   "DECEIT I SWEAR WHEN I FIND YOU AND MY LAPTOP I WILL DISASSEMBLE YOUR MOLECULES!!", Logan sounds..really pissed..

"Can..can he disassemble your molecules? Is that a thing he can do?" the girl asked, looking at the direction of the screams warily. Deceit shuts the computer closed, looking at it with a frightened expression on his face. 

"I-I don't know! He's just shouting random threats at this point!" The snake looks up at the girl, his heterochromic eyes wide with fright.

The girl snorts before she can help herself. "That's comforting." She says, crossing her arms. "Just make sure to keep him away from Remus. The amount of times I see dead people with blood clotting in the shape of a 'D' in their shoulders in the Imagination is just-", she shivered. "We don't need Logan learning from him." Then she paused. "Does that make sense?" 

"No, that makes perfect sense." he clearly lies, moving his gaze back to the closed laptop. "And that's not the craziest thing he's done..." he shivers, as if reliving a frightening moment.

The girl gives him an odd look. "I can't tell if that was a lie or not." She says flatly. Before the snake has time to respond, another girl walks up to him, snickering. This girl has dark skin and black hair that were dyed a radiant magenta at the bottoms. A few pink scales rest below her eyes, and her loose black tunic was tailored to have holes in the back, big enough to fit wings. The girl recognizes her as Ginny, the half-human daughter of the Dragon Witch from the Imagination.

"Logan is still mad at you?" she asks incredulously. Deceit nods. "Wow, he must really like his laptop because it's been, what...twelve days since you stole it!" 

   "I know, right!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up. "You'd think Microsoft Nerd would be a little less pissed at me right now..." He trails off as a shadow falls over him. "He's right behind me, isn't he."