The Blep (AKA Deceit Becomes Even Cuter)

TW: Cursing. Brief mentions of pain, slightly Unsympathetic!Deceit but not for long. cuteness, taking away someone's vocal cords. I think that's all. 

  ""What are the odds I'll regret this." It wasn't a question, but Ginny shrugged anyway. Mess sighs and walks over to Deceit, and shakes his hand.

                                                                   "Deal," "

Deceit breaks into a smile-but one that's a little bit on the cruel side of the spectrum.

"I promised no emotional or physical pain, but y'know, I said nothing about menta-" The sentence was cut short by a yellow and black explosion, causing both Deceit and Mess to jerk back.

Ginny yelped in fright, jumping back.

"Holy fucking-" Mess stumbles back, her back hitting the wall as a hazy white light fills her head. She presses one hand against her head and the other against the wall to try and regain any semblance of balance.

"Are you both ok?!" Ginny asks frantically, her hands flying wildly.

"I'm fine. Now, are we going to do the thing or what?" Deceit asked, crossing his arms impatiently. Mess glares at him.

"I did say I would regret it..." she mutters under her breath, then she speaks again, louder, wincing at the echo through her mind. "Fine, I'm fine. Just hurts a little bit. And what thing, fending off Logan?" She stands up straighter, although she's still leaning on the wall.

"No, as in the snake thing. Do you want me to blep or not?"

Ginny nods excitedly. "Yes, yes!"

Mess holds up one finger. "Only once though. Then, for the other four times I can go up to you and request whenever I want." She seemed a bit more smug as she pushed herself off the wall, stumbling slightly.

"Yes, fine, whatever, just touch my nose or something." Deceit scrunches up his nose at that, to which both Remy and Virgil snickers.

Mess giggles slightly, walking up to him and, standing on her tip-toes because Deceit is decidedly taller than her, gently tapping his nose, running her finger over the scaled side of his cheek in the process. He sticks out his tongue in response. His tongue is a muted bright pink, and from the middle to the top is split down into two parts, like an actual snake's tongue. After a few moments, he pulls his tongue back in.

"Pacified?" He asked her, snotty. Mess nods, her fingers still lightly gracing his cheek, feeling across each scale. "You should be honored that I even showed you my tongue, I don't show it often."

"He means it." Virgil supplied, standing up and going back to his vanity to finish his eyeshadow. "He's incredibly insecure about it."

"VIRGIL!" Deceit smacks Mess's hand away, his face rapidly gaining color.

"Did you know that he used to borrow my concealer to hide his scales?"

Deceit backs away from Mess to go to Virgil, putting two fingers at the base of his throat and removing his vocal words using magic.

"Hush." Virgil stumbled, opening and closing his mouth to summon words without success. Mess stares at him with an amused sense of curiosity, but also a little fright.

"Finally.." Deceit muttered, not noticing Mess stepping back with an uncontrollable smile on her face.

"I'll give them back to you when you behave." He said to Virgil, who glares at him.

"CUTE!!!!" Ginny squealed, causing Remy to wince and put his hands to his ears. "Ouch, doll.." He mutters.

Deceit bows. "Thank you.." He says smugly, then huffs when Virgil tugs at his cape for his vocals back. "Nope, I'm not putting them back yet." He told him.

"Well, thanks for the privilege snekling." Mess said slyly, turning back around. "Now, is Logan still chasing you? It's been a while and I hear no footsteps." Ginny goes past Remy and Mess to check open the door.

"I...don't know?" Deceit said, the tone more like a question. He brushes past Ginny and opens the door, only to see Logan standing stock still in the doorway.

 Before he can get a word out, though, Deceit shoves the door back at his face.

"He'sssssss right outsssside the door.." He hissed, quite literally. His s's seem to be multiplying, his tongue flicking in and out.

"Aw, geez, isss my ssssnake lisssp coming up again?" He huffs sulkily. Virgil sighs and starts signing. Good thing Thomas knows sign language.

'He does that when he's stressed.'  Virgil explained. 

"Great." Ginny says, throwing her hands up, irritated that he's still persuing chase. "What do we do now?" 

"Weell.." Mess shifts her dress around, grabbing the rubix cubes in her pocket. "I still got the rubix cubes?" She offers. "I'll see what I can do." Before anyone can object, she slides out of the room. 

"Hey...Logan!"

(A.N-I'm sorry for the long wait, and I hope you guys liked this chapter! If you want to get more on this story, look at Ginny's book! She's a lot further than I am, but I'm in more detail so it's a win-win. 

WC: 835 words.)