Ch. 1 Saving Him

Hayley's POV

"Hey, I'm going to leave first, because I have to attend a party later. So, would you be fine with closing the store today by yourself?" Ana shouted by the register.

Putting the pastries away I nodded my head towards her, "Don't worry, I'll be fine." I tried to scream back.

"Great!" She gave me a blown kiss.

Dashing for the door she reminded me again, "Call me if you need help, ok!"

Waving my hand to shoo her away after I giggled at my friend.

I doubted that even if I called her that party freak would be too busy partying anyway.

After she left I turned off the OPEN sign and turned the CLOSED sign on.

Then I pulled all of the curtains down.

It was late that night and I was too busy with closing up the shop.

I lost track of time once I finished cleaning up.

Taking a step outside along with dragging the trash bag with me before I closed the door.

I reached my hand inside of my bag for the keys to lock the door.

Not too far away I heard some strange noises in the back alley by the dumpster.

It sounded like someone was groaning from pain.

Quickly I locked the doors and went to check out the dumpster.

Taking a step closer I saw a man in a black suit laying on the ground.

From a far distance away I couldn't really see his face but it seems like he's holding onto his abdomen.

I walked closer to him and staring at his abdomen where there's blood gushing out of his wound.

Now I can tell that he just got shot.

I bent down to sit next to him and he glared at me.

I felt uncomfortable under his gaze, even though I couldn't see his face clearly.

Ignoring his glare I asked him, "Are you ok?"

He didn't reply back to me and continued to groan.

"Do you need help?" I asked him again and the stubborn man decided to ignore me.

I reached out my hand to him but he brushed my hand away causing me to fall.

I fell on my left side lightly and luckily it didn't hurt.

I sat right back up again and wiped the dust off of my pants.

This time it was me who is glaring at him, "Hey I just wanted to help you. You didn't need to push me away."

The first time he finally spoke to me, "Nobody asked you for help." He told me coldly.

I was surprised at how deep his voice was.

His voice was so husky and that was exactly my type until he started to be rude to me.

"I can't just leave an injured person here like this." I retorted back with him.

Giving me a sinister smile he whispered, "Woman you're too careless. I could have been a serial killer and you would be dead by now."

"What kind of scenario is that? Plus you're injured so I don't think you can hurt me." I gave him a strange look.

Smirking at me he continued, "You're too naive if you think I can't hurt you in this state. Trust me I can; however, I don't want to. Since I wouldn't gain anything from it."