almost

-"i'm trying to have a serious conversation with you, (y/n)!" bellamy announced frustrated, slightly raising your voice.

-"and im trying to subtly avoid it!" you raised your voice back.

bellamy sighed out of the frustration, and dragged his hand down his face. you were currently in your tent, you were also currently arguing with bellamy. the grounders wanted a one on one meeting, and they had specifically asked for you.

bellamy thought it was a horrible idea. deep down, you did too. but you didn't want any harm to come towards your people, all you wanted was peace.

-"it's a bad idea." bellamy sat on your bed. you didn't understand why he was so nervous.

-"well sometimes people do bad things to survive, bellamy. you should know that." you sighed placing a small knife in your boot.

-"you're not bringing a gun?" he stood to his full height.

-"I want peace, not war, bellamy." you sighed.

-"they could kill you, you shouldn't do this." bellamy's eyebrows furrowed.

-"if I go through with it, I might die. if I don't go through with it, we all die. one death is better than a hundred." 

bellamy huffed and mumbled something, inaudible.

-"fine, I'm coming with you."

you spun around with wide eyes.

-"no." you stated, shaking your head.

-"why?"

-"we want peace, seeing you would mean war." your voice was stern.

-"whats that supposed to mean?" he crossed his arms with a not-so happy expression on his face.

you stuttered over your words, trying to explain.

-"I'm coming with you, end of story." bellamy walked past you going to grab a gun.

you sighed, frustrated at the stubborn boy.

-"bell.." you turned to him, he continued to pick up his gun and check it was loaded.

-"bellamy." he finally turned to you, there was something about the way he looked at you in that moment, you just couldn't define the look.

-"bell, you're my bestfriend," you stared into his eyes and placing a hand on his shoulder and another guiding the gun down, "but i want to come back from this meeting having an agreement on peace, not on war."

bellamy sighed, his eyes dropping to your feet. you and bellamy have been bestfriends since you were young.

-"okay." bell muttered, you smiled and hugged him tightly.

-"thank you bell." you whispered, he pulled you back to look into your eyes.

-"just be safe, okay?"

-"always am." 

--------

whilst standing at the gates, waiting for clarke, you see her and bellamy talking. as you watched them, bellamy caught you staring, he seemed satisfied with what he was hearing.

the last you see of him, is him nodding at clarke and walking off as clarke walks towards your group.

-"what was that about?" you nodded to the spot clarke and bellamy were.

clarke looked back, as if her and bellamy would still be having a conversation. she turned back to you with a shrug.

-"i was just assuring that octavia was going to be safe," she paused for a second as your face had slightly confused expression, "thats all."