.14.

- 5 YEARS LATER -

taehyung walks into his house he shares with his fiancé and walks into the living room. he smiles as he sees his fiancé asleep on the couch with his glasses on and mouth wide open.

he goes to clean up the little mess his fiancé made and brings it to the kitchen. while he's cleaning the dishes, he feels arms wrap around his waist from behind. "hey, beautiful." he hears a whisper.

he turns around and smiles at his fiancé. "hi there." he says with his hands on the other male's neck. the two share a deep kiss, making out passionately. they're interrupted when the dishwasher beeped.

taehyung pulled away and began unloading the dishes. "help me, please." taehyung asks, his fiancé immediately grabbing plates and placing them in the cabinet neatly. the couple finishes and goes to their bed.

his fiancé gets up and walks over to the drawer on taehyung's side of the bed. he pulls out a journal. taehyung gasps, immediately recognizing the book. "i found this earlier, i didn't open it because i thought it was personal." he says.

taehyung grabs the book and flips it open, reading the first page. "oh my god. thank you for finding this." taehyung says excitedly, rubbing over to the desk and sitting down with a pen.

he opens the next open page after many pages of writing. he clicks the pen and starts writing.

dear future husband,

i'm engaged now. not saying who it is to, i want to keep it as much of a secret as possible. the man i'm engaged to is amazing. but i've decided this isn't only going to be for him. it's also going to be for our kids.

once they're old enough, i want to read this to them. i want to show them how i've changed. how i've developed. i want them to see how our wedding day was. it's late and i've had a long day, so i'm going to sleep.

i love you.

- kim taehyung
10:26 p.m.
july 6th, 2020