Chapter 1: New Beginnings

"I can't believe she's gone... I tried to make her remember, but she just wouldn't listen to me." Beast Boy brooded. He tried to make Tara remember that she was a member of the Titans before she sacrificed herself for their safety. She never believed him. He was devastated.

"Come on Beast Boy... it's not like you can do much..." said Cyborg.

"Cyborg's right. You can't force someone to remember something... it has to come to them on their own," Robin stated as he placed a hand on Beast Boy's shoulder.

"And even if she did remember, times are different now. Our city is completely different from when we left. Who knows if she'd even want to come back to us." Raven added in.

"You're right guys... I think it's best that I forget about her. Let's go home."

"Ooh! I can't wait to eat the lunch! I very much the hungry!" Star says enthusiastically. No matter how terrible the circumstance, Starfire always finds a way to look at the bright side.

The group loved the idea and agreed. They walked back to their tower which, surprisingly, remained exactly the same as they had left it and ordered pizza for lunch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MEANWHILE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ani was in her room. It had been some time since her parents had taken her out of school in LA. She had accidentally flooded the school when criminals broke in. She was writing in her journal:

It's not my fault that those evil retards broke into my school, and busted open my bathroom stall. What was I supposed to do? Let them KIDNAP ME?! No. We all know that I'm not meant to keep my powers locked up forever. I have these abilities for a reason. I just need to figure out why. And what's worse, is that my parents never listen to me when I try to tell them that containing my powers just makes it worse. I swear! If I had just unleashed my powers then and there, with control of course, I'd have destroyed those guys and make my mark. But nooo! Instead, I decided to listen to my overprotective parents and try to contain it. So when I tried to fight back, a jet of ice accidentally escaped and cracked the waterpipes causing it to knock over those creepos and then flood the school. Obviously I tried to fix it with my earth and fire powers, but an administrator had walked in just as I was doing so and scared the living daylights outta me. Hey! It wasn't my fault I got startled and shot up into the ceiling while turning invisible. I basically just unleashed all my powers at once. Boy was that embarrassing... now I'm supposed to be sent away from home to a school in Jump City. The only friend I have there is Terra... she's actually the only friend I have in general. I'm excited to meet her in person since we've only ever communicated by letters since we got assigned as penpals in our English Class. I can't wait to meet her in person. But, I don't think I can get as close to her as I want to. Jump City is the one place where I can do what I want to do most without having anyone say anything about it. I've heard that Jump City has a crime flood and that many dangerous criminals are on the loose. Seems to me that they are looking for a hero... and that hero is me. Phoenix. Not only do I have the chance to become a hero, but I've heard that there is a mysterious stone somewhere in that city that helps you figure out who you are. In case you hadn't noticed, I haven't been able to figure that out yet. But once I get to Jump City, I will! But I can't let anyone know about any of this. If there's one thing that I have to emphasize, it's that I work alone. I can't risk anyone's life or risk my identity being shown to ANYONE. Not even Terra. I've packed all my tech gear and have even arranged a cozy home portal to my dream home that I have created in the middle of nowhere. Thanks to my coding abilities, I was able to create an amazing home that I can live in instead of a crusty apartment. Well, I best be on my way. I don't want to be late for my flight to Jump City.

She gathered all her things and before she knew it, she was on her flight to Jump City. She didn't know whether to feel excited or nervous. She heard that Jump City was a very big city with lots of people. And she didn't know how she'd be able to avoid them all.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to do my best..." she said to herself... little did she know, that the little girl sitting next to her heard the words that came outa her mouth.

"That's good!" She said.

"Oh... you heard me? Oops... sorry kid."

"Oh don't be sorry! It's good to know that you are doing your best to survive in a new environment."

Ani looked at the girl in confusion and thought What the fuck DID THIS GIRL JUST READ MY MIND?

"Uhm... how'd you know? I mean... the fact that I'm going to a brand new city."

"Everyone gets upset when they have to move. But, you'll make many new friends there, like I'm gonna do! You're really nice. I'm gonna sleep now!" That was the last thing she said before she shut her eyes and fell fast asleep.

Ani looked at the peacefully sleeping girl as her confused expression softened. She then whispered sadly as she put her hand on the little girl's head.

"You're a tough little girl. And you're also lucky. But not everyone's as lucky as you kid. Stay that way. Life becomes less painful since there's nothing you can do to hurt anyone. It also becomes less lonely." And with that she took her hand off the little girl and went to sleep herself.