Chapter 4: The Strangers

"Wow! I never thought that this place would be so... Huge!" Robin exclaimed as he entered the huge new restaurant. This new restaurant was a gigantic two-story building with a large indoor aquarium and seats everywhere. The place wasn't lit too brightly, but it wasn't too dim inside either. There were numerous works of art hanging from the walls and beautiful Japanese pottery in cabinets and on pedestals.

"Oh, man!" Cyborg exclaimed, "The chefs use the animals from the aquarium to make the sushi! How cool is that."

"Awww... I'm gonna be sick! I am NOT sitting near the kitchen! I can smell them cooking the meat, and they better have vegetarian sushi here!" Beast Boy immediately stated.

Cyborg and Robin started to laugh. They decided that they would sit near the ordering and take out booth since it was on the bottom floor, away from the kitchen (on the top floor). They took their seats and looked at the menu.

"YES!! They DO have vegetarian options! Ooo! I'm gonna eat the Veggie Dragon! Mmmm! Stuffed with cucumbers, carrots, tofu marinated in spices, all drizzled with their signature spicy dragon sauce. AND THAT'S VEGETARIAN TOO!!" Beast Boy screamed.

Robin and Cyborg were also pleased with the options. Cyborg went up to the booth after they had picked out what they wanted and ordered for the group.

"Hmm... this city sure has changed...", Robin said as he looked around, " I mean, I barely recognize anyone here."

"Just relax dude!" Best Boy said as he leaned back in his comfy seat and put his hands behind his head. "It's a good thing that more people moved to our city. I mean, now maybe some interesting things will happen." He then shot Robin a smirk and raised his eyebrow.

"Uh... what do you mean?" Robin replied, clearly confused.

"I think what Beasty here is trying to say, is that you may find yourself rescuing a new damsel in distress and maybe hit it off," Cyborg said with a wink at the end.

Robin's eyes widened behind his sunglasses. "Woahhh guys... I don't think that a new relationship is what I need hehe. A-and you don't know for SURE if all these people are good. I mean, who knows. Maybe someone shady could walk in here and could be a potential criminal!"

Just then, the door opened and the guys turned their heads to face the door. A shadowy figure stepped in. It looked to be a girl in sweats that were way too big for her. And they couldn't see her face clearly by the way her hair fell on her face.

"Okay... that was kind of unexpected..." Cyborg whispered. They watched as she walked up to the booth.

"Could she be a bad guy?" Beast Boy questioned as they attentively watched.

"I don't know... but let's keep watching," Robin said.

The girl pulled down her hood, but the guys still couldn't see her face. But the cashier then said something that the boys didn't expect.

"Heyy! Good to see ya again Ani! How are ya tonight?"

"Okay, so maybe she wasn't a threat," Beastboy said as Robin's face fell.

"Whatever, I think I just need to relax. Maybe I should focus on myself." He said as the others nodded.

Meanwhile, at the booth, Ani and the cashier were conversing pretty well. Mr. Tanaka was one of the first people Ani had met in the city who didn't think of her as a weird social outcast. He quite liked her. She reminded him of his daughter who went off to University in London and looked forward to the times that Ani would visit: Every weekend when she would have movie nights with her sister.

"How's your sister doing? Is she liking the city?" He asked

Ani shrugged before replying, "Well, she is warming up to it haha. Better than I am at least. It's really difficult being a new kid at a new school. Especially in this city, ugh. People are so judgemental."