Bedtime Story

~* Fluff *~

It was a nice regular night in the Shelter B06-32. The cattle children along with Yuugo were chattering, laughing and playing inside their little home. It was nearing their bedtime and almost everyone has already went to bed while some were getting ready for bed.

Ray, however, had different plans. He was always a studious type of person, almost every night he would go to archive room and research more information about the demons and the land before heading to bed late.

Ray was walking down the hallway, alone, when suddenly...

"Ray! Ray!" A sudden voice exclaimed from behind him, filled with energy and joy.

Ray stopped in his tracks, turned around and looked behind him to see Emma running towards him carrying an object in her hands. A big smile was plastered upon her face as she ran towards him, her soft, curly, orange hair bounced up and down from each step she took.

"Emma? Quiet, you idiot! The others are already asleep. What is it?" Ray asked, once the young girl had arrived in front of him. He looked down at the object in her hands. It was a book. "A book?" He questioned.

Emma grinned happily and nodded, "Yeah! I saw this old book hidden behind a shelf in the library earlier, I thought you might want to read it with me." She tilted her head to the side slightly, innocently.

Ray looked skyward with his eyes closed, thinking for a moment. "It wouldn't hurt to relax for the night.." he thought before looking back down at Emma and gave her the same regular smirk he does.

"Yeah, sure. Why not? Want to read it in the archive room?" He pointed down the hall that lead to the room he was referring to.

"Yep! Come on!" She quickly grabbed Ray's hand, almost excitedly, before running down the hall with the book held closely to her chest and Ray being dragged along behind her.

'Someone seems excited today...' Ray thought as he let Emma drag him down the hall and into the archive room. They went to a nearby table and sat down, side by side one another with a candle in front of them. Ray took some nearby matches and lit the candle up for their light source.

"What's the title of the book?" Ray asked.

Emma turned to him and placed the book down on the table in front of them. The title read...

"The Sun Princess' Raven." She read the title out loud.

"The Sun Princess' Raven..." He repeated. "It sounds like a bedtime story to me..." He commented as he took the book in his hands and examined it.

The book had a hardcover that was made out of metal yet the paper inside it was only a few pages, maybe around ten pages. It was heavy, the front part of the book had the engravings of the young maiden cradling a raven in her hands. Ray flipped the book open and flipped through the pages of the book to see that it was also a picture book!

"Really? Oh! It's a picture book too. Read it out loud!" She exclaimed joyfully. It has been a long time since she read a bedtime story especially with Ray.

Ray looked at Emma with a confused expression plastered upon his face. "Read it? You mean... Out loud?.."

Emma's smile slowly began to widen into a grin before nodding, "Yeah! I want you to read it for me Ray." She said bluntly.

"I don't want to! What are you? Five?" He grumbled, refusing to read the book out loud for her.

"Read it!"