Compliments

~* Fluff *~

"Hey! Hey! Have you heard?" Anna spoke up eagerly as Emma, Gilda and she were cleaning up the mess that younger kids made as they played earlier.

"Hm? What is it?" Gilda questioned in a rather curious tone.

"I heard from Don that Ray gets super embarrassed and shy when he gets too many compliments." Anna covered her lips before letting out a small giggle at the information she got.

"Eeeh? Really?" Emma tilted her head to the side slightly as she listened to Anna speak.

"You're always with Ray almost twelve hours a day, Emma! Haven't you ever noticed?" Gilda crossed her arms as she looked at Emma, speaking in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Well, he and I are busy after all.. Getting chased by demons, hiding and researching!" Emma defended.

"Don also said that he gets all flustered and would start to stutter and he would look try to avoid eye contact with you! Just imagining Ray doing all those things~... So adorable!" Anna giggled once again.

"Hmm... Even Ray has his weak spots, huh?" Gilda laughed a little then sat down on one of the children's bed. "I want to see that happen!"

Emma nodded excitedly and grinned, "Me too!" She began to laugh with the girls as they imagined the flustered Ray in their heads.

Emma, Gilda and Anna were now in the dinning room, cleaning up the mess that the younger children had made once again. "I'm still curious if what Don said was true.." Emma spoke up causing the other two girls to halt and look at her.

Suddenly, the door to the dinning room creaked open making the girls' heads turn to only see Ray walking in the room with his hands buried in his pockets. "Yo!" He greeted like he would always do as he walked towards the girls, carrying along his signature smile.

"Well, look who it is!" Gilda sang that was followed along the giggles of the two other girls before Ray had stopped in front of them with a confused expression plastered on his face.

"What are you girls doing?.." He asked curiously.

Gilda then replied, "Oh, nothing~.. Just some girly stuff."

As Gilda and Ray continue their conversation, Anna crept up towards Emma's back and whispered in her ear, "Emma! This is our chance.. You go compliment him right now to see if it's true!"

Emma being the simple-minded person she was, she nodded happily and said, "Yeah! You're right!" Then she walked towards Gilda and Ray and stood beside Gilda.

"Hey Ray! Were you at the archive room again this morning?" Emma asked curiously as Anna went to Gilda's side and whispered in her ear about the plan.

Ray turned to Emma with his head tilted slightly to the right, his eyes glancing towards Gilda and Anna before going back towards Emma. "Yeah?.. Why? Did you need something?"

Emma only smiled up towards him and said, "Oh, it's nothing! I just thought that you are very hard-working and very smart. Going to the archive room everyday and research more about our mission. You are so helpful and independent, Ray!" Gilda and Anna stood behind her, nodding in agreement.

Ray started to fidget a little as he heard those adjectives coming out of Emma's mouth, directed towards him. "Oh... Um.. It's nothing.. So.." he started to trail off. He could feel his cheeks burn slightly, his shyness slightly growing.

Though he tried to hide them, Emma still spotted the light redness of his cheeks making her smile. "Always being there beside me everyday... You are so kind and caring!" She continued, taking a step forward to Ray.

Ray took a step back and reached up from behind to scratch the back of his neck, his eyes turning to Gilda and Anna before turning back to Emma once again. "U-um... Thanks Emma."

"Always sticking with me through thick and thin and always battling off demons to survive, saving me from them. You are so brave and admiring!" Gilda and Anna grinned from behind Emma to see that Ray's cheeks were now flaming red as he stared at Emma down, squirming in his spot, trying his best to hide his cheeks and his eyes were glancing from everywhere then back down to Emma.

Emma kept taking steps forward to Ray and he kept taking steps back away from her. "D-did I do.. Something?.. Or-" he got cut off when Emma took one more step and leaned up slightly to whisper in his ear, "You are so adorable and cute when you are flustered and red too... So charming and handsome when you aren't.."

'T-too... much.. compliments!..' He couldn't take it anymore, his face slowly turned flaming red, his lips quivering slightly as his eyes widened slightly from her words. "I-I.... I g-got to go back to the archive r-room!" He suddenly shouted before pushing Emma away softly and bolted out of the room and down the hall, his face was as red as a tomato.

Emma and the girls blinked once and twice before bursting out in laughter. "Oh my! Don really said the truth that was so adorable!" Anna exclaimed as she laughed her stomach off.

"Did you see the way he squirmed in his spot and his face! His face was the best!" Gilda commented as she sat down on a seat.

Emma wiped away the tear of joy that she earned from her good laugh, "I didn't knew Ray had a side like this! It's so surprising!" She looked up to the door that Ray bolted out with a sly smile on her face as if she had won a war.

As the girls laughed about with their new discovery, Ray was in the archive room, leaning against the door with his hand above his chest that was beating rapidly inside. He let out a shaky sigh as he slid down the door.

"Don and the others are fine but.... Emma?... It's all... Too much.. " he mumbled to himself weakly, his lips quivering still.

Ray sighed once more before he faced the ceiling and a small smile slowly formed on his face, reminscing the closeness of Emma's face up close with his, the way her voice whispered softly to his ear, the way her eyes glimmered in front of him and a sly smile upon her face.

Just from that memory he felt his heart quickened it's pace again. He patted his chest as he stared up at the ceiling. 'Calm down, dammit... Calm down..'

"Such a troublesome girl, indeed... God.. She'll be the death of me, I swear.." He chuckled, his cheeks still red and his heart still racing for the girl named, Emma. The love and light of his life.