Chapter One: The First Night

"There is no doubting what you've achieved on a technical level. These are currently state-of-the-art. There are just certain.. 'design choices' that were made for these robots that we don't fully understand. We were hoping you could shed some light for those."

"She can dance.. she can sing. She's equipped with a built-in helium tank, inflating balloons right at her fingertips. She can take song requests.. she can even dispense ice cream."

"With all due respect, those were the design choices we were curious about, Mr. Afton."

- - -
11:55 pm. Derry, Maine. 1983.

"Go on, shoo," Eddie waved Richie away. "For as long as I know, I'm not going into one of those places again. I could have a serious heart attack if I do, and my mom won't be happy." Eddie's mother had always been overprotective about Eddie, and wanted to keep her son out of harms way, and to keep him from getting sick.

"Have fun in there, and be careful!" Beverly had told Richie as he began to walk into the building. The boy was rather hesitant due to what had happened before - with his experiences with the pizzeria that had weird animatronics like this. Something always goes wrong. Unlike the other problems Richie had in Derry, this was actually quite on the low side that could badly happen. Pennywise was feeding from everywhere in Derry, and no child would be able to hide from it.

The animatronics that were in the pizzerias were only constructed to stay in the building, so they only murdered people who went into the place. Richie had previously worked at a pizzeria; which had similar tech and hosting abilities. Sadly, he and his friends were the ones who were the fault of it closing.

Taking his mind off of the dark side of things, Richie headed into the building. Surprisingly, what Richie saw, it was much different than the other time he worked at something like this. Everything was new, and the posters had animatronics that looked so much different than what he had seen before.

They were shiny, with faces that looked like they were split up. They all had colors that were either pink, blue, red, purple, or white. Like the colors used to bring children in to entertain. Their faces had round, circular cheeks that were visible at the corners of their mouths.

All of the animatronics had dark lines that cut through their faces. Something told Richie that there must have been some way for the animatronics to be able to open up their faces, which is why there was indented lines across their plating which covered the exoskeleton.

Richie approached the elevator, knowing that there was only a hall when a person went into the pizzeria, and they had to go down the elevator to reach where they wanted to go. Stepping into the elevator, the elevator almost immediately shifted and started going down, closing the elevator doors.

The boy was taken by surprise. "Okay...no buttons. Great job, Richie," he muttered to himself. "Your job includes riding down an elevator with no buttons." Usually an elevator would have buttons - even if it was one floor down - to channel which floor you wanted to go to.

It was mostly quiet in the elevator, except for the small humming of the fan. However, Richie thought he was going crazy, due to him suddenly hearing a little girls voice.

It seemed to whisper in his ear, "Daddy, why won't you let me play with her?" The girl seemed to have a little bit of an accent. To Richie's friends, they would have noted that the girls' accent was much better than Richie's fake British Accent.

Richie looked around, and that only made him confirm he was really going mad. There was no little girl in the elevator. There was no little girl in the building. The building was empty, besides for him, and the animatronics down below. He fixed his glasses and shivered. The animatronics down below that will come to life and kill me, he thought darkly.