Chapter Three: The Third Night

Richie stood outside the building, looking up at the sign that loomed over the entrance. He gritted his teeth. "Fine, I'll go back. Come on man, it won't be so bad, right?" he said, giving himself a meek smile in hopes to convince himself that the whole situation was lighter. "Eddie even gave me a walkie-talkie to talk to him while I work. So it won't be so bad...right?"

No matter how much he tried to convince himself it wouldn't be bad, the events of the previous night were still at the back of his thoughts. However, if he wanted to get paid, he had to complete the week. That's right, I'm a man, not a chicken, he thought to himself. Letting out a long, drawn out sigh, he entered the building, and went back into the elevator. He had survived two nights so far, and only two of the animatronics had really come face to face with him: Funtime Freddy, and the baby animatronics that he learned were called 'Bidybabs'.

Oh yeah, and that little ass Bonnie thing on Funtime Freddy's hand, Richie thought crossly, now standing in the elevator as he waited for the doors to close. Other than that, he felt okay. Eddie's pep talk surprisingly worked, since Eddie was a kid who wasn't confident about most things.

To his expectations, the voice of the dead girl whispered again as the doors closed.

"Daddy, just once let me go play with her...she's so pretty and shiny...didn't you make her just for me?"

The other night Richie had vowed to figure out what her words meant. He had no clue who the father was, what she was even talking about, and what killed her.

She just said that her dad made 'her' for his daughter, Richie deciphered. Could her father be the owner of this place, or the person who made these animatronics? If he was the owner of this place, and the face of this pizzeria is Baby...could Baby be the animatronic that was made for the kid? I hope I am getting somewhere, or my head just might explode.

His walkie-talkie buzzed, and Richie quickly took it out of his back pocket. He pressed the button on the side of it and said, "Eddie? Does this work?"

A moment or two of no response passed, and his hopes began to die down. Suddenly, the walkie-talkie buzzed again. This time, a familiar voice came out of it. "Is it my imagination, or did you just call me Eddie instead of 'Eds'?"

Richie smiled and pressed the button on the side. "Pfft," he scoffed. "You wish, Eds. HandUnit, my guide, is going to come on the speaker in a few moments. If I don't talk for a little bit that's why. I should be back in...five minutes?"

"Yeah, sure. I got Stan and Bill to come over to talk to you as well, my mom doesn't mind, really. I think it's because you aren't here to release your Richie Germs all over me," Eddie responded half-jokingly, sounding quite awkward over the small speaker. "Umm, they're making a snack right now, so I'll be here."

Soon enough after a few moments of silence, HandUnit's familiar voice sounded over the speaker. "Welcome back to another pivotal night of your thriving new career where you get to really ask yourself: What am I doing with my life? What would my friends say? And most importantly: Will I ever see my family again? We understand the stresses of a new job and we are here for you."

Richie rolled his eyes. He knew that no one in the company was 'here for him' at all, and the Fazbear's Entertainment business was not even "responsible" for his death. The only people who actually cared for his life were his friends. However, his life wasn't as difficult as other people. Unlike Beverly's and what she had to deal with, for example. Eddie had an overprotective mother who thought that Eddie had everything and wouldn't let him out of the house. Unlike Mike and the fact that he's black in a semi-racist town. Unlike Bill and the fact that his little brother was murdered by some alien that fed on the children in Derry, Maine.